Weekly Reading and Journal Entry. Another Language for the Deaf (Essay Sample)
Weekly Reading and Journal Entry.
Each entry should be about 150-200 words in length and include a brief summary of the reading along with an analysis of the texts and an attempt to apply the reading to the student’s life. Please write according to the format of the provided journal entry sample.
Entries will be evaluated by
1) timely submission,
2) evidence of reading completion,
3) attempt for an application, and
4) attempt for analysis of reading.
Another Language for the Deaf
In the article titled Another Language for the Deaf, Margalit Fox offers details about sign language and the impossibility of having it written down. Apparently, even though American Sign Language or ASL is being used by hundreds of thousands of deaf people, there has existed a challenge to have the language written down. As Fox notes, this has made it difficult for deaf children to learn English and other spoken languages. However, as Fox writes, there is a system that can make the above challenge disappear.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to language essays:
- Please read and write a 150 to 200 word summary. Literature & LanguageDescription: Beyond Smoke and Mirrors has shown how the immigration policies of the United States enacted from 1986 to 1996 because of symbolic and domestic political reasons....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- A Detail from Herodotus Literature & Language EssayDescription: Over the years, there have been various reputable and renowned novelists and writers who have used their literary prowess to not only highlight several societal issues but also to expound on some historical facts. One notable book is the Histories that was written by Herodotus and is widely acclaimed...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Comparison with Malala Literature & Language EssayDescription: Having a relationship with a parent is one of the most critical aspects of children’s growth. The parent-child relationship is needed to nurture the emotional, physical and emotional development of an infant. The relationship determines the personality of a child and influences their overall behavior....2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |