Article Reflection: The Legacy Of The Cyborgs (Essay Sample)
After you read, write a critical response in three paragraphs.
1. Summarize the author's main point.
2. Select one example from the essay which you find to be the most interesting example of the relationship between science and art and describe why.
3. Draw a conclusion on the relationship between Science and Art in relation to the cultural context in which we live. Why, or why not, is this issue relevant in your life?
The author maintains that the legacy of cyborgs was deeply rooted in the natural philosophy prior to the scientific age. The author addresses the legacy of the cyborgs to both the Surrealism and in the phase of evolution dubbed the "age of curiosity". During this period, there was exemplary knowledge of the meanings of objects and distinct boundaries in the different fields of knowledge characterized by different modes of creative production. Further, the author maintains that the Surrealists were conversant with transgressive and subservient possibilities of hybrid breeding as evident in the characteristics of the cyborgs. The incorporation and belief in boundary transgression formed the core Surrealist marvelous. The concept of boundary transgression was enriched in the hearts of the Surrealists, which they embraced in art and life.
The example shows the existential relationship between science and a...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to relationship:
- Structural Theory: Relationship Between Social InstitutionsDescription: The structural theory is a sociological theory which tries to explain the reasons that make a society to function the way it does. Structural functionalism depicts society to be constantly determined to gain a state of equilibrium....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- The First Three Commandments: Relationship With GodDescription: In the first Three Commandments, God reveals what is necessary to establish and maintain the relationship with God. Describe each of three commandments, telling why these are considered justice toward God....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |
- TIS Reflective Report: Personal DevelopmentDescription: It explored the concepts of relationship marketing and customer loyalty, and elucidated on their developments as well as the benefits derived from their strategic implementation. ...3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | Harvard | Business & Marketing | Essay |