Patient Safety Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay Research (Essay Sample)
Benchmark - Curriculum Development Issue Paper
Read "Reconceptualizing Program Outcomes" and "Leveling EBP Content for Undergraduate Nursing Students" for a better understanding of issues within curriculum development.
Select an issue within curriculum development that is of interest to you.
Write a paper of 1,000-1,250 words on the issue, discussing its affect and relevance to nursing, staff or patient education.
1. Why is this issue a problem at your place of employment?
2. What are your proposed strategies to resolve these issues?
3. Use at least three to five scholarly, peer-reviewed resources less than 5 years old in addition to the course materials. Make sure that you do not use the two sources given in this assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is required.
The curriculum is all guided learning carried out within or outside schools. Nursing or patient education requires a well-planned curriculum that would bring out better outcomes in nursing practice. Following the trends in the healthcare system and the growing expectations, nursing faculties should establish a new curriculum. However, the process of arriving at the most appropriate curriculum development process is coupled with several issues. This paper provides a better understanding of the problems within curriculum development and its effect on nursing practice. It also points out some strategies that would help resolve these issues for effectiveness in nursing education.
Shanthi and Angeline (2015) posit that curriculum development streamlines schools’ efforts to bring out better outcomes within and outside education facilities. Nurses need a vast knowledge of how to take care of patients in healthcare facilities. Nursing education should help prepare nurses for their practice, especially when the trends in healthcare systems continue to grow. Nursing education needs to meet and fit the dynamic health care needs of patients in every society. Evidence-Based Practice (E BP) is a new form of a nursing curriculum (Shanthi & Angeline, 2015). This practice brings together diverse clinical expertise and research evidence that is needed in healthcare practice. The typical steps of the EBP process include integrating research evidence with clinical expertise, cultivating a culture of questioning, and coming up with the best responses in nursing.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Managing Quality Assurance In The Workplace Health, Medicine EssayDescription: According to Gadolin and Andersson (2017), quality assurance is the practice of maintaining high quality in healthcare through practical measures. It is the process of identifying and monitoring the aspects of patient care to attain healthcare quality using the available resources...5 pages/≈1375 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Benchmark Assignment - Performance Management Plan Proposal EssayDescription: Performance Management utilizes strategically a set of performance standards as well as measures and tracks its improvement through progress reports. This will also include the quality improvement plan that is currently in progress to guide the organization in achieving the desired results...5 pages/≈1375 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- 310 Discussion Healthcare Reform Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Healthcare policy formulation and reforms should be informed by an ethical guideline to ensure that any ethical issues that arise are addressed. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010 has raised an ethical debate on its wake and the article by the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) (n.d.)...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |