Interview Questions. Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Read the following article:
Abdulaziz, A. (2013). Leadership of healthcare professionals: Where do we stand? Oman Medical Journal, 28(4), 285-287. doi: 10.5001/omj.2013.79
For this assignment, you will identify an area of health care (i.e., long-term care, facility operations, finance, health care insurance, etc.) you find particularly interesting. Locate a health care leader (supervisor, manager, director, etc.) that is currently working in your selected area of health care. You are to conduct an interview with your chosen leader. Your interview can either be by phone or an in-person interview. You are to compose a list of 8-10 questions to ask the interviewee. Your questions should be directly related to this module’s readings and should not be closed-end questions (requiring more than a yes or no response). See example questions below:
What is your leadership style and how do you apply it in your everyday activities?
What are some leadership qualities that are needed in today’s health care environment?
How do you balance power and authority as a leader?
You are to complete a voice-recorded, narrated 12- to 15-slide PowerPoint (PPT) presentation covering the following:
Name of leader interviewed, years in the health care industry, education, and management experience.
Provide a brief discussion of his/her role and a brief description of the health care program/department managed, and the organization itself.
Summary of questions asked and responses.
Identify both leadership and management characteristics of your interviewee.
Explain how you will apply what you learned in your interview in your career as a health care leader.
(Note: One resource that you can use to find a health care professional to interview is LinkedIn.com. For assistance with creating a PPT with a voiceover see the following two (2) sources: (1) https://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=3uk4CU7uobM (2) https://support(dot)office(dot)com/en-us/article/Record-a-slide-show-with-narration-and-slide-timings-0b9502c6-5f6c-40ae-b1e7-e47d8741161c)
SLP Assignment Expectations
Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support the importance to questions asked and information presented in PPT.
Support your SLP with peer-reviewed articles, using at least 2 references. Use the following source for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www(dot)angelo(dot)edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl(dot)english(dot)purdue(dot)edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
* You have been a leader since 1998. What is the one thing that you believe makes you different?
I believe the ability to adapt to the changing times and environments makes me different. Business environments change, and one has to adapt to the changes to remain relevant. I try my best to adapt, and thus remain relevant.
* While starting in your current position, what was your leadership style, and has it changed, or have you tweaked or added something to it?
Initially, I believe I put a lot of weight in the positions I held. This means that I wanted my position to dictate things. I wanted people to respond to my position. However, slowly, I have learned that to be a successful leader, I have to fight the temptation to have my pride and ego dictate the kind of person I am. I have, therefore, learned that respect is a key ingredient in leadership, and my approach to leadership changed ever since.
* What are some of the qualities of leadership you believe are key to any leader’s success in whichever sphere of life?
As already stated, respect is one quality one must have. One must respect everyone regardless of their position. Recognize people for being human first. The others are having a vision, integrity, and the willingness to learn and unlearn. These I believe are key to any leader’s success.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- BHA 310 TD3 Medical Negligence Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Medical negligence refers to any malpractice case in a healthcare setting that endangers patients' health and safety. It occurs when medical professionals fail to comply with the appropriate care standard that may lead to mistakes during care delivery (Barcus, n.d). Mistakes such as committing...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- BHA 310 CA3 Sexual abuse Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Sexual abuse in a healthcare setting refers to any act that is sexual in nature, such as inappropriate touching of the patient’s private parts, nonconsensual intercourse like rape, and engaging in any sexual conduct without the consent of a patient (Fortin & Jenny, 2012). ...5 pages/≈1375 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- BHA 310 SLP3 Criminal Law Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Benevis is a dental service and Management Company that operates the Kool Smiles dental clinics is an affiliate dental chain. Kool Smiles submitted false medical claims related to the Medicaid programs where there were unnecessary dental services on children. The company filed false medical...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |