3 pages/≈825 words
Health, Medicine, Nursing
GOALS IN NURSING (Essay Sample)
see the attached documents must be AUSTRALIAN English What is required?? You will be required to undertake an examination of your strengths and areas for improvement based on concepts and principles developed throughout your course and relating to your fitness to practice as a beginning registered nurse. Subsequently, you will develop 3 achievable, person specific goals which you will attempt to achieve during the second half of your clinical experience. In support of this personal goal development, you will need to collect three (3) research articles about each goal to justify why this is an issue of concern in current clinical practice. These research supported goals will reflect your understanding and thinking about how course content and clinical experiences have prepared you to function in accordance with the National Competency Standards for Registered Nurses. My goals are: 1- Improve my communication with patients/ and colleague. Especially that I am an overseas students, and not familiar with Australian culture, as I have different background. 2- Improve my drug calculation skill, especially the advance drug calculation such as Dopamine mic/kg/min 3- Improve my documentation “especially with regards to the nursing note” Remember: 3 Journal articles for each goals. See the worked example document, and use the same structure. source..
GOALS IN NURSING
Improving communication with my patients and colleagues
The first goal that I am working on is to enhance my communication with my patients and colleagues.
The objective is to be in the capacity to effectively and efficiently communicate with my colleagues and patients. Timeliness and accuracy of communication is of utmost importance in the nursing profession. (Communication in Nursing)
Communication in the nursing field plays a significant role in nursing. Communication is key to any organization. Well communicated information uplifts the performance in an organization. The intent of what is communicated should be amicably understood by both parties. Failure to communicate effectively in nursing profession can be vital since this is a delicate field that calls for clear information in order to avoid fatality. When information is not conveyed, there is likelihood that treatment or medications are missed. (Riley 2011) We can imagine of a situation where communication breakdown occurs. For example, one might be required to succinctly undertake a certain procedure that must be strictly followed. Failure to effectively dispatch the right information and procedure can lead people in doing the wrong thing, leading to major health complications. It is thus paramount to pay attention to communication with the sole purpose of disseminating and receiving the right information and at the same time, understand what others are communicating to us. In this discipline, there is a high frequency of sending information over a short period of time. This may be troublesome and therefore, there is need to understand that there are factors which influence how the message is interpreted. There is need that professionals to ensure that the right communication occurs, past experiences and personal attitudes of both the sender and the receiver and the timing of the message. (Clinical Development). It is also important to know that we can never fail to communicate and communication is both verbal and non verbal (Burnard 2009). To avoid misunderstanding, there is need for culture awareness and so be able to know the attitudes of patients and colleagues. (Effective communication: Principle of Nursing Practice)
* Improve on my ability to be clear and precise when giving instruction to both patients and fellow nurses on what needs to be done
* Clarify to people I communicate to whether they have understood whatever i communicate with them
* Seek for clarifications when in doubt to avoid doing the wrong thing which can be fatal or detrimental to the patients.
* Practise effective communication with my colleagues and ask them what I should do to overcome my shortcomings
* Read widely on how to enhance communication with patients and other staff
* I will further employ strategies that encourage people to openly communicat...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to goal:
- Reflection on achieved goalDescription: Health and Medicine Essay: Reflection on achieved goal...4 pages/≈1100 words | No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- my writing improvement challenges and goals 2.Description: Undergraduate writing level 1 page Literature and Language Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. my writing improvement challenges and goals....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- my writing improvement challenges and goals.Description: Undergraduate writing level 1 page Literature and Language Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. my writing improvemnt challenges and goals....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |