Ethical Issues Independant Assignment: Ethical Dilemma That I Faced (Essay Sample)
Read text: Weiss, S. A. & Tappen, R. A. (2015). Essentials of nursing leadership and management
(6 th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: F. A. Davis Co., Chapter 4.
Review the definitions for Ethical Principles (Autonomy, Beneficence, Nonmaleficence
Justice, Fidelity, Veracity & Informed Consent - used specifically for healthcare)
U. S. Department of Health and Human Services
Profits Before Patients. July 31, 2009. PBS.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
Health Resources and Services Administration
American Nurses Association
Ethical Dilemma Synopsis
(1-2 double spaced type written pages)
-Identify an ethical dilemma that you have encountered in your clinical experience.
-Describe which ethical principle was breached and how the issue was resolved.
-How would you have handled the situation?
I have attached the forms provided but not the other sources mentioned in the directions.
In the current nursing environment, nursing is facing more ethical dilemmas, especially when they are responsible for taking care of patients with chronic diseases. As a nurse, this paper demonstrates an ethical dilemma that I faced when I was taking care of the last stage prostate cancer patient who confided with me about his suicide attempt but requested me not to inform anyone else.
Mr. McGregor is 47 year old man who is suffering from kidney cancer and I am in charge of the team that is taking care of him in the oncology department of our clinic. Five years ago, he was diagnosed with kidney cancer by he rejected any effort of making him undergo medical and surgical treatment because of their effectiveness, but chose to seek alternative treatments. Recently he came for tests and it was discovered that the condition has advanced to the bones and has been having several admissions. During his last admission, he was informed that he has less than two months before he dies. During the routine, he pulled me aside and told me t
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
- Brave new world Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to ethical dilemma:
- What Is The Ethical Issue Discussed In Your Snapshot?Description: What is the ethical issue discussed in your snapshot? What is the author's primary stance on this issue? What morally relevant features and/or facts of the debated issue does the author primarily focus on?...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | MLA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- N1082 Assignment: Discuss Corruption and Human Rights in VietnamDescription: Discuss any two ethical concerns (among the following) faced by firms in any one country (among the following options). ...7 pages/≈1925 words | 12 Sources | Harvard | Business & Marketing | Coursework |
- Issues In Healthcare Ethics And Difficult Ethical ProblemsDescription: Identify and clarify an ethical dilemma facing your chosen discipline (i.e., health education, health care management, or environmental health). To achieve this, you will be expected to gather and evaluate relevant information...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |