Ethical Dilemma: Hard Choice And Restricted Option (Essay Sample)
Ethical behavior is essential for the success of a business and often times ignored. It seems that no matter where we look today, the erosion of basic moral standards regarding right and wrong have gotten us to a point where trust in the basic systems that make our society work are in imminent danger. We have all heard it! The debacle with Enron, Worldcom, Tyco, etc. Often times, we forget that ethical behavior is paramount to the well-being of our business entities; therefore, you will compose an essay regarding ethics. For this assignment students will submit a written analysis of an ethical dilemma. The essay should address "What is ethics?" "What does ethics mean to you?" Also, describe an ethical dilemma you were involved in or watched transpire. What was it and how was it handled?
The paper should be double spaced, 12pt. font, and at least 2 pages in length. If sources are utilized, please cite in APA format. The paper should be grammatically correct and free from spelling errors.
- Put your name, course and section number, and assignment title at the top of the document.
- Use one-inch margins.
- Use a 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Use double line spacing in the document.
- Use APA Citation Style
Date of submission:
An ethical dilemma is defined as a compelling situation that places an individual into hard choice and restricted option. The options neither resolve the situations in morally or ethically acceptable approach. In most instances, the societal and personal ethical guidelines often provide limited or no satisfactory outcome for the person in a dilemma. During ethical dilemmas, there is an assumption that the chooser will abide by societal norms like religious doctrines or codes of law, to make a choice nearly ethically impossible (Donaldson, Werhane, & Cording, 1983). Individuals and institutions should maintain and adhere to certain standards and benchm
- Business Model CanvasDescription: What are the unique features of the approach of the Business Model Canvas? How does the Business Model Generation compare/contrast to other business model approaches?...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Lint Clothing Limited Company's Marketing PlanDescription: Lint Clothing Limited Company, 2010 by three close friends, Mark Anthony, Anna Cain and Andy West...5 pages/≈1375 words | 4 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Responses on Aspects of Toyotas Social Responsibility: Profit, Stakeholder Description: How does Toyota’s approach to social responsibility relate to the three concepts of social responsibility described in text: profit responsibility, stakeholder...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |