2 pages/≈550 words
Health, Medicine, Nursing
BHM443 Module3SLP (Essay Sample)
MODULE 3 ASSIGNMENT: For this Module, please complete the following tasks. This paper will be added to the end of your submission for Module Two. 1. Discuss the rights and expectations that a patient has when interacting with an organization or person providing some level of healthcare services. a. Were those rights and expectations violated in this case? If so, how? b. What role did the pharmacist have as a patient advocate? Did he uphold that obligation? 2. Using information from the Internet and other sources, evaluate the legal conclusion of this case. 3. What were the deciding factors? 4. Did the punishment fit the crime? a. Was an appeal filed? b. Is he in prison today? c. Did this case result in any changes in procedures for dispensing drugs to patients? source..
Module 3 SLP
Module 3 SLP
One of the most fundamental roles of all health care providers is to ensure the rights of the patients. According to the California State Board of Pharmacy (2007), the Patient’s Bill of Rights includes the following:
Right to considerate and respectful care.
Right to and encouraged to obtain from pharmacists and other direct caregivers relevant, current, and understandable information concerning their medication therapy and treatment.
Right to discuss and request information related to their specific drug therapy, the possible adverse side effects and drug interactions.
Right to make decisions about the plan of care prior to and during the course of treatment and to refuse a recommended treatment or plan of care.
Right to expect that all communication, discussion, and patient counselling will be conducted so as to protect each patient's privacy.
Right to expect that all records and discussion pertaining to his/her drug therap...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Video games Essays
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to human rights:
- The Quest for Human RightsDescription: Social Sciences Essay: The Quest for Human Rights...4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | Harvard | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Private Property RightsDescription: Undergraduate level Essay: Private Property Rights...4 pages/≈1100 words | No Sources | MLA | Mathematics & Economics | Essay |
- Human Resources: Business and marketing 2Description: Undergraduate level Essay: Human Resources: Business and marketing 2...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |