2 pages/≈550 words
Health, Medicine, Nursing
BHS427 Module 1 SLP (Essay Sample)
Use the information in the modular background readings as well as any resource you can find conducting research on the world wide web. Please be sure to cite all sources and provide a reference list at the end of the paper. 1. Discuss the financial costs associated with corporate fraud in the United States. Do you think ethical training of employees is an effective means to reduce fraudulent activities? Please explain and support your response. 2. Identify any two components of a balance sheet and/or income statement and discuss how each component can be used as a “red flag” to alert of potential fraudulent activity. 3. Describe how analysis ratios can be used as a method of fraud detection. Also use one fraud analysis ratio to analyze the financial statement in the case assignment. Be sure not to confuse ratios used to assess the financial health of an organization with fraud detection ratios. source..
BHS427 Module 1 SLP Name: Grade Course: Tutor’s Name: (20 July 2011) BHS427 Module 1 SLP Financial costs associated with corporate fraud in the United States. Some years ago, there has been epidemic of corporate frauds especially the fiercest one in the scandal of Enron, WorldCom and many other companies rocked the financial markets. They also made investment accounts and pension plan to be wiped out throwing the employees and employment lines in a disarray (Bologna, 1984). This made the government to respond through coming up with Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 to address this issue of corporate fraudulent. The corporate fraud cause has caused 50 % for example I 2003 according to the pricewaterhouseCoopers. The same report has shown that corporate fraud has led to increase in corruption and bribery where in 2003 rose to 71 percent. This is in pursuit of concealing the fraud cases after fierce rules were put to counter this. The frauds have also come hand in hand with money laundering and misrepresentation of financial statement causing the country to loose a lot of money. Therefore, corporate fraud has made most of the corporate to succumb to economic downturn and in their attempts to minimize losses they may pen themselves to a huge financial risk (Elliot, & Willingham, 1980. This is bec...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to a rose for emily:
- Japan TsunamiDescription: Social Sciences Essay: Japan Tsunami...1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Aggregate Money DemandDescription: Mathematics and Economics Research Paper: Aggregate Money Demand...10 pages/≈2750 words | 6 Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Research Paper |
- Herman Melville use of contrasts in Billy BuddDescription: High School level Essay: Herman Melville use of contrasts in Billy Budd...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |