Assessing a Healthcare Program/Policy Evaluation Health Medicine Essay (Essay Sample)
Assessing a Healthcare Program/Policy Evaluation
Program/policy evaluation is a valuable tool that can help strengthen the quality of programs/policies and improve outcomes for the populations they serve. Program/policy evaluation answers basic questions about program/policy effectiveness. It involves collecting and analyzing information about program/policy activities, characteristics, and outcomes. This information can be used to ultimately improve program services or policy initiatives.
Nurses can play a very important role assessing program/policy evaluation for the same reasons that they can be so important to program/policy design. Nurses bring expertise and patient advocacy that can add significant insight and impact. In this Assignment, you will practice applying this expertise and insight by selecting an existing healthcare program or policy evaluation and reflecting on the criteria used to measure the effectiveness of the program/policy.
Review the Healthcare Program/Policy Evaluation Analysis Template provided in the Resources.
Select an existing healthcare program or policy evaluation or choose one of interest to you.
Review community, state, or federal policy evaluation and reflect on the criteria used to measure the effectiveness of the program or policy described.
The Assignment: (2–3 pages)
Based on the program or policy evaluation you selected, complete the Healthcare Program/Policy Evaluation Analysis Template. Be sure to address the following:
Describe the healthcare program or policy outcomes.
How was the success of the program or policy measured?
How many people were reached by the program or policy selected?
How much of an impact was realized with the program or policy selected?
At what point in program implementation was the program or policy evaluation conducted?
What data was used to conduct the program or policy evaluation?
What specific information on unintended consequences was identified?
What stakeholders were identified in the evaluation of the program or policy? Who would benefit most from the results and reporting of the program or policy evaluation? Be specific and provide examples.
Did the program or policy meet the original intent and objectives? Why or why not?
Would you recommend implementing this program or policy in your place of work? Why or why not?
Identify at least two ways that you, as a nurse advocate, could become involved in evaluating a program or policy after 1 year of implementation.
Please use atleast 3 references within the last 5 years. I am in the AGACNP program.
Assessing a Healthcare Program/Policy Evaluation
Healthcare Program/Policy Evaluation
Medicare programDescriptionMedicare is a federal government health insurance program designed and aimed at subsidizing healthcare services offered individuals who are over 65 years, as well as younger people who meet the eligibility criteria such as those with specific conditions. It is critical to note that the Medicare program has different parts that include hospital insurance, medical insurance, and prescription drug coverage. The program is funded by the United States government and was created by Congress to provide coverage to older people who did not have any health insurance.How was the success of the program or policy measured?
The success of the Medicare program was measured by examining different elements that would influence the program
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
- Brave new world Essays
- Respect Essays
- Stem cell Essays
- Values Essays
- Strategic Planning In Health Care Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: This assignment will build off your SWOT analysis. As the Organizational Development Manager (ODM) for the organization that you completed your SWOT Analysis for, you act as a liaison and advisor to the organization’s leadership, and begin initiatives within the organization....3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Culturally Competent Care for African Americans Health, Medicine EssayDescription: All people have a right to high-quality medical services regardless of their racial, ethnic, or cultural backgrounds. For decades, African Americans have been discriminated in various aspects, such as health, justice, and employment, in the United States of America (USA). One of the ways...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Public Health and Emerging Diseases Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay Description: Despite having a significant decrease in Hepatitis C disease, the viral infection has continued to affect Americans in different states. In Los Angeles, the territorial and state health agencies conduct different activities such as preventative and educational services surveillance and treatment...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |