Article Summary-Dementia with older adults (Essay Sample)
Please follow course outline instructions for assignment #3. In ruuning head- please put- Article Summary and Reflection Assignment.
I have attached two articles that were provided by professor.
If you have any questions please email me
2. Group Minutes. Each group must record minutes of each of their meetings and submit one set of minutes for each meeting within a week of that meeting. o Blackboard group tools and online Collaborate chat rooms may be made available if desired.
Article Summary and Reflection Assignment (20 marks) -;/trJ ,)t a r- akxqirVr,7fi1 Due Date: Week 9. Submit assignment electronically as directed by your instructor. Description: Write a 3-page paper that summarizes two scholarly articles and reflects on how you can apply the content ofthese articles in your nursing practice. Evaluation Criteria: This assignment will be graded using the rubric in APPENDIX E. Format: This paper must be approximately 3 pages long, not including the title page and reference page. Title page must identiff your niune, this course name, date of submission and the title of your paper. Assignment must be written with the following APA guidelines: typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman l2-point font, left aligned, with 1" [2.5 cm] margins on each page and references cited in APA format. Indentthe first word ofeach new paragraph and do not leave extra spaces between paragraphs. Insert a Running head if possible. Assignment should be submitted electronically as a llrord document. Put your surname inthefile name of the document along with the name of the assignment.
Detailed Assignment Instructions: Step 1. Read any T*I/O of the articles in the list provided by the instructor. Step 2. Write your paper: After the title page, the body of your paper should contain two sections, one for each article (approximately 1.5 pages for each section). For each article (section): Identif the resource: Provide full bibliographic information about your article. Summarize the article in your own words- Indicate the article's intended purpose, identify what the authors did (e.g. Did they conduct a research study? Perform a literature review?) and summarize the key points the authors make. Reflect on the article's content and identify future action: In response to your learning from this article, identift what can you do to incorporate this learning into your nursing practice in future - i.e. identify specifically how you can apply this learning in future. In what situations can you see yourself using this understanding and what specific actions will you take? Who might you talk to uls you take on the new action? Will you need any support or further learning in order to take this action? If you have previous experience with a similar situation, you may also reflect on that and identify how new leaming from the article connects with your previous experience. Step 3. At the end of your paper, provide a reference page that lists your two articles again, formatted according to APA guidelines.
4. Best Practice Guideline Review and Questions (5 marks) I)ue Date: Week 11, as directed by instructor and submitted elechonically, put your last name and assignment name in thefile name of the document. Evatuation Criteria: 0.5 to 1 mat pff question. Description: Read the resources listed below and answer questions identified in Step Two. Format: Assignment should be typed, double-spaced in Times New Roman l2-point font. Include a title page [with your name, assignment name, name of course and date of submission] and reference page that cites the references read.
Detailed Assignment Instruetions: Step One: Read/review the following two resources: [i] Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario. (2013). Nursing Best Practice Guideline: Assessment and management of pain (3'd ed.). Retrieved from htto://rnao.ca./bpg,'guidel ines/assessment-and-management-pain [ii] Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario. (2007). Assessment and management of pain in the elderly: Self-directed learningpackagefor nlffses in long-term care.
Article Summary – Dementia with Older Adults
Article Summary – Dementia with Older Adults
De Vries, K. (2013). Communicating with older people with dementia. Nursing Older People, 25(4), 30-38.
Communication, both verbal and non-verbal, plays a significant role in the course of dealing with dementia patients. In this article, De Vries aims at challenging health professionals’ communication competence in dealing with the problems that are apparent among old dementia patients. De Vries is a senior lecturer at the Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand justifying his expansive knowledge on health matters and more so, graduate school of nursing, midwifery, and health where he heads. De Vries' work is a combination of acquired knowledge and more importantly, a synthesis of various experts that have trodden this path. He uses their input to advance the credibility of his paper.
- Disabilities Health, Medicine, Nursing Assignment. Description: Statistics reveal that approximately 20% of the total global demographics battle with at least one form of disability. In addition, most people in the population will experience one form of disability in their course of life (Disabled World, 2019)....3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Regulation and Sustainability SWOT. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: The healthcare sector of any country is one of the most crucial aspects. Maintaining optimal health of a nation functions as the backbone of any economy in the world. ...7 pages/≈1925 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Training program. Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay.Description: Steve Rogers is my client. He came to my clinic a few days ago and told me that he wants to put on some size and muscles before traveling to his hometown to attend a friend’s wedding. ...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |