Job Satisfaction Paper Proposal (Essay Sample)
Prepare a proposal for the eight to ten page paper (due in Week 7) about an actual organization of your choice and a problem that your selected organization is experiencing. Diagnose the problem using organizational behavior (OB) theories, concepts, or models from the textbook and other sources, and if you have a preliminary solution to the OB challenges with the organization (that applies to that model or theory/theories) you can offer it in the proposal.
For example, you might discuss a poor organizational culture, problems with job design and satisfaction, the need for more feedback, rewards, and positive reinforcement, or problems with teamwork or leadership. The goal of this assignment is to observe/discover the organizational behaviors within your present or past organizations.
The proposal should be about one to two (1-2) pages in length, give a brief background of the organization or theory, discuss the problem or concept, and address what organizational behavior (OB) theories/concepts you will investigate to help solve the problem or address the organizational behaviors. You do not have to recommend a solution in the proposal as your research will help reveal possible solutions.
This assignment will be graded for timeliness, sufficient explanation of the organization and problem, and discussion of relevant organizational behavior (OB) theories or concepts.
This assignment should be submitted as an MSWord APA formatted document. Please submit in APA format including a title page and a reference page.
Week 3 Paper Proposal
Date of Submission
Week 3 Paper Proposal
Job satisfaction is a rudimentary ingredient for organizational productivity. The term job satisfaction could be elucidated as the extent to which an employee likes or dislikes his/her job. Apparently, job satisfaction defines how employees feel about their organizational duties, which in turn determines their productivity. It is the reason why scholars developed theories such as the hierarchy of needs, the motivator hygiene theory, the job characteristics model, and the dispositional approach (Hadi and Adil, 2010). Critical to the discussion is the fact that all the four theories explain job satisfaction from different perspectives. However, empirical research tends to support the job characteristics model implying the theory is widely recommended by scholars and practitioners in human resources. Consequently, this paper proposes the use of the job satisfaction model to correct employee satisfaction problems within my organization.
The job characteristic model was developed based on the assumption that jobs can make employees feel they ...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to modest proposal:
- Briefing Paper Topic Proposal: Human TraffickingDescription: Women and children are particularly vulnerable to human trafficking, with mean, purpose as well as the act itself important ingredients to determine human trafficking...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | Turabian | Social Sciences | Thesis Proposal |
- Business Proposal Feedback ChecklistDescription: Provide feedback to your peers on the proposals using the Business Proposal Feedback Checklist. Include detailed, substantive comments....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Managing Environmental Issues SimulationDescription: The case for environmental justice in the proposal is that the environmental degradation has both factored the impact of leakages from the abandoned wells (Fang & Duan, 2014)...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |