Ethical Dilemma: Making A Choice & Point In An Organization
*Please follow the rubric that I post as attachment and meet the exceeds standard as much as possible.
Select a firm that has faced a decision that may raise concerns regarding business ethics. how the firm handled the ethical dilemma.
• Provide a thorough summary of the critical Facts the individual/ company faced.
• Identify and describe the Ethical Issue(s) present in the circumstances.
• Who are the key Stakeholders?
• Who among these stakeholders will decide the issue(s)?
• What Ethical Standard(s) is/are present?
• What duties, rights, best practices, and/or core values apply to key stakeholders?
• What laws, mission, and/or enterprise values, if any, must be considered?
• What are the Ethical Alternatives? What is their impact on key stakeholders?
• What was the course of action taken?
• Was it the best ethical outcome? Why?
What recommendations can you make regarding ethical leadership and decision-making from the example you chose?
Making a choice between two options both of which might bring negative results is referred to as an ethical dilemma. At some point in an organization, an employee is likely to encounter the risk of facing an ethical dilemma, and some ethical decisions are usually more challenging than others. However knowing how to solve an ethical dilemma increases decision making of an individual at the work place, making one and the company they are working for to not break the rules. The right way to handling an ethical problem is upholding the values which are more important, and then the least values later. In this paper, it is intended to accomplish a systematic explanation of ethical dilemma encountered in Microsoft and how it was handled.
Ethical dilemma occurs when a certain situation happens, and the worker is forced to choose one ethical principal over the other. Some of these common situations encountered include; receiving gifts, a client decides to send a gift to appreciate for the good service. However there are some relationship factors to consider such as the importance of human relationships where by rejecting the gift will make the client feel rejected and part of the job maintaining professional relationships and appropriate boundaries are required. Breaches of confidentiality with minor clients, in a therapist career, there comes a point of dealing with the adolescents who after doing a wrong they request the matter not to...
- Benchmark Assignment Strategic Planning: Communication PlanDescription: Management tactics and strategies that would be implemented to attain the strategic goals for LongHorn Steakhouse restaurant’s business functions....2 pages/≈550 words| 3 Sources | Other | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Rough Draft of a Short Report: Differences Between Leasing and Buying Upgrade OptionsDescription: Your job is to choose the most appropriate type of report (informational or analytical) and the best approach (direct or indirect) ...2 pages/≈550 words| 1 Source | Other | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Business Law HomeworkDescription: Business Law Homework Essay...3 pages/≈825 words| No Sources | Other | Business & Marketing | Essay |