Business and Marketing Questions Paper #2 (Essay Sample)
Please follow the instructions on the attached document. Page 1 will be the basic instructions on the assignment And the assignment background information. Page 2 Is the first paper that i written that needs to be compiled into this current assignment Page 3 This is the second paper that i written that needs to be compiled into this current assignment also. Please be very very Creative as if it was you so in otherwords just put everything in your words.
For the Module 3 SLP you will again apply the concepts from the background materials to your own personal experiences. You can write about the same supervisor you wrote about in Modules 1 and 2, or choose a different supervisor that you worked with and got to know well.
Carefully review the concepts and definitions of charismatic, transformational, and transactional leadership. Then write a 2-page paper addressing the following issues using specific examples from your personal experiences:
- Did your supervisor meet any of the characteristics of a charismatic leader as defined and discussed in the background readings?
- Did your supervisor meet any of the characteristics of a transformational leader?
- Did your supervisor meet any of the characteristics of a transactional leader?
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Follow the assignment instructions closely and follow all steps listed in the instructions.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions. Don't go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to general background materials.
- List supporting references and cite sources in proper format.
- Use appropriate writing style in essay form (organization, grammar, and spelling).
- Review our “Writing Style Guide” for more detail on referencing and writing expectations. This guide is found under “My Resources” in the TLC portal.
Business and Marketing
Charisma means “divinely inspired gift” that is considered as one of the essential factors that defines leader’s ability to exercise symbolic. Charismatic leaders emerge at the time of crisis since they are expected to provide convincing and achievable solutions to curb the crisis. Mostly, followers idealize the leader and develop strong emotional attachment depending on their work relations and problem-solving abilities. Consequently, workers are inclined to act uniquely towards their leaders (Bertocci, 2009).
Charisma creates the difference between getting followers to pursue organizational goals and gaining compliance from the followers because of the personal emulation or the symbolic power. From our case example, the supervisor exercised charismatic leadership by providing guidelines to the new employees on the means of tackling the different challenges, hence making them settle in the organization. Charismatic leadership helps the workers with little confidence to build it up, hence feeling relieved from anxiety, excitement and pressure.
According to Weibler (2004), charismatic leaders foster dependency relationship with the followers, relying on the commitment and unquestioned obedience. Workers are likely to feel trust, admiration, loyalty and respect towards leaders, and are motivated to perform extra-role behaviors. Our case example indicated that the supervisor applied the charismatic magic by through supportive leadership in order to compensate the new employees to adverse working conditions such as stress and frustrations. The supervisor has a unique vision of achieving the organizational goals, different from what has been in place. Charisma enables the employees to believe their leaders, hence remaining focused on achieving the goals set.
Charismatic leaders are also inspirational. Our case example indicates that the supervisor is serious in taking responsibility, hence a role model to the workers. He is on focused in the production, thereby creating enthusiasm of work to the employees. The company rewards best performers in order to boost their morale as well as to challenge other employees to remain useful to the enterprise.
A transformational leader is the one raise the followers’ level of consciousness about the importance and the value of desired outcomes and the methods of reaching those outcomes. They convince the employees to surpass their self-interest in order transform from low to high levels needs of achievement. Moreover, transformations leaders are characterized by idealized influence, inspirational motivation, intellectual stimulation, and individualized consideration...
- How Does The Performance of Canada`s Health Care System Compare Internationally? Description: Undergraduate writing level 2 pages Business and Marketing Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. How Does The Performance of Canada`s Health Care System Compare Internationally? ...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Apple Customer ServiceDescription: Apple customer service, and training our employees to better assist customers and document complaints coming in from users about some of our apps and services...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Business Ethics: British Petroleun (BP) environmental imageDescription: Business and Marketing level Essay: British Petroleun (BP) environmental image...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |