Business and Marketing 2 (Essay Sample)
In the Module 5 SLP, you will describe how an article you have found in a peer-reviewed business journal is relevant to our understanding of business ethics. You may complete the Module 5 Case and SLP in any order you prefer.
Using the online library, locate and read a peer-reviewed (scholarly) journal article related to the topic of business ethics.
In a 2-3 page paper, please do the following:
Discuss how the peer-reviewed journal article you have chosen is important to our understanding of business ethics.
Keys to the Assignment:
- Summarize the article in 1-2 paragraphs; and
- Discuss the relevance of the article to business ethics (in short, why does this article matter)?
Your paper will be evaluated on the following:
- Precision - Does the paper address the question(s) or task(s)?
- Breadth - Is the full breadth of the subject (i.e., the Keys to the Assignment) addressed?
- Depth - Does the paper address the topic in sufficient depth and include the background reading and other background resources as references?
- Critical thinking - Is the subject thought about critically (i.e., accurately, logically, relevantly, and precisely)?
- Clarity - Is the writing clear and are the concepts articulated properly? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of responding to the questions or are points conveyed through excessive use of quotations?
- Organization - Is the paper well written? Are the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary appropriate for graduate-level work? Are headings included in all papers longer than two pages?
- Referencing (citations and references) - Does the paper include citations and quotation marks where appropriate? Are the references from the background reading and assignment present and properly cited? Are all the references listed in the bibliography present and referred to via citation?
- Application - Are the concepts of the module appropriately applied to the subject?
Tips and Suggestions:
1) Your final SLP will be graded based on your ability to critically evaluate the relevance and importance of your chosen article to business ethics.
2) Remember to follow the Well-Written Paper guidelines.
3) Upload your Module 5 SLP by the due date.
Business and marketing
In the business world, it is always proper to set rules that will govern the way business operations are carried out. Business ethics is a discipline that examines business policies that touch on issues such as corporate governance, company employee relations and organizational responsibility. For excellent business relations, it is paramount that set business ethics should be implemented confirms Black (2012). It is on the basis of this ethical framework that businesses will thrive and increase their profit margin.
Summary of the Article
The selected article critically explores the different elements in ethics and ethical behaviour in business ventures. Divers ethical codes of conduct are assessed which expound on business ethics. The different examples and case studies utilized have addressed the ethical dilemmas present in business ethics. Through this one gets to understand the different policies set by organizations and the importance of establishing pr...
- Footlocker Marketing Report (Organizational Behaviour) Description: Foot Locker was ranked the ninth worst retail company to work for on Ranker. Perhaps this is because of the long hours that employees must work...2 pages/≈550 words | 5 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Learning TheoryDescription: Undergraduate writing level 2 pages Business and Marketing Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. Learning Theory...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Netflix's Brand Promise & the Industry Market LeadersDescription: It is difficult to imagine a living area or even a board room where the word Netflix is unheard of. According to Woo (2011), Netflix today prides itself of having secured over 115 million subscribers in about 200 countries....4 pages/≈1100 words | 6 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |