Class Assignment 4: Creative Interpretation The Yellow Wallpaper (Coursework Sample)
FOURTH ASSIGNMENT---choose one of the following two options.
Print and place in portfolio.
1. write a 1-3/4 to 2-page critical interpretation of the story "The Yellow Wallpaper."
Focus on the theme of gender rights and woman's liberation.
2. write a 1-3/4 to 2-page creative interpretation based on the story.
if you choose, creative, what you write about is ultimately up to you.
but here is a suggestion:
Pretend that you are trapped in a place and are going insane. It could be anywhere. Your bedroom. Anywhere.
Just try to channel the internal mania from the story with the characters from the story...
It's not YOU writing but the characters from the story.
DATE \@ "MMMM d, y" February 27, 2018
Creative Interpretation: The Yellow Wallpaper
“John,” I whisper to the empty room. “John, please…” I say again even though I know that no one will answer at this point. Once again, I am left alone in this place. Left in the vastness of the empty halls that are not quite so empty after all when I walk through them. I'd rather they were really empty but they are not! They're not! Somewhere in those walls, I know she is there. Waiting for me… Taunting me… To come closer, talk to her, take her bait.
I am not afraid of her! No. In fact, I am intrigued by her. Still, it is a daunting preposition to come close. But I have seen her face. Just as sure as I am that I have seen those yellow walls move on their own. The patterns, yes - the patterns. I have grown familiar with them now. It's like I can tell when they change and when they take another shape, which they do. John would not believe me but if he could only see it! He's too busy. Too busy thinking of things outside this darned house. If he could but pay attention
- Historical Critique Taking Action Against Spread Of LeprosyDescription: In what ways does examining main characters through the use of this critical approach assist with understanding their actions in your chosen story?...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Poetry CourseworkDescription: Just like most of Louise Halfes work, The Boarding School is rich with vivid descriptions. ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- What Are Some Major Differences Between Renaissance And Baroque Art?Description: Now for your assignment tell me what are some major differences between Renaissance and Baroque Art? Be specific with examples....2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Coursework |