Class Assignment 4: Creative Interpretation The Yellow Wallpaper (Coursework Sample)
FOURTH ASSIGNMENT---choose one of the following two options.
Print and place in portfolio.
1. write a 1-3/4 to 2-page critical interpretation of the story "The Yellow Wallpaper."
Focus on the theme of gender rights and woman's liberation.
2. write a 1-3/4 to 2-page creative interpretation based on the story.
if you choose, creative, what you write about is ultimately up to you.
but here is a suggestion:
Pretend that you are trapped in a place and are going insane. It could be anywhere. Your bedroom. Anywhere.
Just try to channel the internal mania from the story with the characters from the story...
It's not YOU writing but the characters from the story.
DATE \@ "MMMM d, y" February 27, 2018
Creative Interpretation: The Yellow Wallpaper
“John,” I whisper to the empty room. “John, please…” I say again even though I know that no one will answer at this point. Once again, I am left alone in this place. Left in the vastness of the empty halls that are not quite so empty after all when I walk through them. I'd rather they were really empty but they are not! They're not! Somewhere in those walls, I know she is there. Waiting for me… Taunting me… To come closer, talk to her, take her bait.
I am not afraid of her! No. In fact, I am intrigued by her. Still, it is a daunting preposition to come close. But I have seen her face. Just as sure as I am that I have seen those yellow walls move on their own. The patterns, yes - the patterns. I have grown familiar with them now. It's like I can tell when they change and when they take another shape, which they do. John would not believe me but if he could only see it! He's too busy. Too busy thinking of things outside this darned house. If he could but pay attention
- Significance Of Race In Contemporary American SocietyDescription: Do you believe the hunter in "A Worn Path" is racist? Why or why not? What about the attendant at the desk in the medical office? Consider the term microaggression in your answer....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Paraphrasing Exercise Writing Coursework AssignmentDescription: The Antarctic is one of the chilliest places here on Earth. The cold weather of Antarctica is attributed to the regulation of the climate of the whole world...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- White Oleander by Janet FitchDescription: The relationship between Astrid and Ingrid can be described as one that is unfriendly. Ingrid is so cold towards Astrid and there is no motherly love...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Coursework |