Answer Questions: Gender Relationship (Coursework Sample)
Read this article from Khan Academy and answer the questionssource..
* How was the typical gender relationship between the man and woman in this couple portrayed in the commercial?
In the 1950s the roles of the men and women were socially enforced. The main role of women was to do shopping and manage the household while the men went to work. Women were undermined in the especially despite their societal status, race and ethnicity or socioeconomic status. They were encouraged by customers to be strong American patriots and their posture in the portrait shows their silly personalities.
* At the same time, how was the typical general relationship undermined/made fun of in this commercial?
To start with, in the 1950s, the female gender was seen as a lesser being. They were undermined and even advised to stay home and not join the workforce. For example, Lucy faced a lot of challenges when she went to look for jobs outside the household. It is suggested that her decision to look for a job showed her discontent with the household work and disliked staying at home.
* How do the clothes the man and woman are wearing in this commercial help to establish them as an ideal middle-class family according to expectations from the 1950s?
An ideal middleclass family would resort to looking good, but not with a fine finish of expensive and flamboyant jewelry. Domesticity became a fixture to associate these types of families far and wide
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to gender role:
- Economic Equality Ethical Goal: Economic Equality, DemocracyDescription: Select and briefly summarize one of the ethical goals of gender justice discussed in the chapter (economic equality, democracy, respect for environment, bodily integrity, or peace)....2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Challenging Gender Narratives in the SocietyDescription: The essay reflects on the four gender-related videos and challenges limiting the gender perspectives and thoughts about women in different societies....4 pages/≈1100 words | 6 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Gender Socialization in FamiliesDescription: In this paper, the impact of family in gender socialization is discussed in detail. Moreover, the different elements of gender socialization are also discussed....7 pages/≈1925 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |