Key Differences In Nursing Informatics Evolution Assignment (Coursework Sample)
Nurses work together in many environments. Understanding the roles and responsibilities of each type of graduate nurse will foster cooperative relationships.
- Select and describe a specialty that has evolved in a different direction from that of advanced practice nursing (e.g., informatics, administration, health policy, and/or forensic nursing).
- What key differences do you see in this evolution as compared with developed APN specialties?
- Describe the future vision and goals each role and relate to emerging healthcare trends and needs.
paper must be presented in a single Word document. The paper must be between 2-3 pages in length, not including the title and reference list pages. The paper must use proper APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition formatting, including title page, running head, and reference list with properly formatted citations in the body of the paper.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
Advanced practice nursing has evolved over the years in different directions; nursing informatics is one of the specialties of APN that integrates nursing science and information to manage and communicate data and nursing knowledge in nursing practices (Spross, 2014). To understand the development and the status of nursing informatics, it is important to explore its historical root and influences. Because of technological advances, which have rapidly increased in the past decades, nursing practice has been greatly influenced by new technological inventions (Spross, 2014).
Nursing informatics field has been in existence since 1984 to include many aspects of data entry, decision support systems, information science, electronic patient records, tele-nursing and e-learning (McGonigle & Mastrian, 2014). During the year that followed nursing informatics was recognized as a specialty, the role of nurses expanded creating better career opportunities for those who specialize in nursing informatics. Even though nursing informatics became prominent by late 1970, the term nursing informatics established by schools and Barber in 1980 (McGonigle & Mastrian, 2014). By 2001, the American Nurses Association recognized nursing informatics as a specialty to support patient and other health care workers in decision making using advanced technology (McGonigle & Mastrian, 2014).
The key differences in nursing informatics evolution as compared with APN specialties
Advanced practicing nurse role
- Journal Entry 12: ArgumentDescription: Undergraduate writing level 2 pages Literature and Language Format Style English (U.S.) Coursework. course work - Journal Entry 12: Argument...2 pages/≈550 words| 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Units 4-6: Examples of Each Element of Poetry from the Poems Description: Give two examples of each of the following elements of poetry from the poems you have read in Units 4, 5, and 6. Do heroes have responsibilities?...3 pages/≈825 words| 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Philosophy logicDescription: Undergraduate level Coursework: Philosophy logic...6 pages/≈1650 words| 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Coursework |