Leadership in Health Care: Characteristics and Traits of the Leader (Book Review Sample)
Description: Choose one non-fiction biographic or autobiographic book about a prominent leader (current or past, good or bad, govt or private sector). This is descriptive and should be in paragraph form. APA format. Write a reaction paper answering the below listed questions based on the book:
1. Who are the title, author, copyright date, and publisher of the book
2. who or what is the subject of the book
3. Describe the leadership style, characteristics and traits of the leader discussed
4. Describe how the leadership style or traits of the leader had a positive or negative impact on their ability to effectively lead their organization
5. Describe one problem or situation mentioned in the book and how the leader approached the challenge
5. Critique the leader's approach to the above situation, and discuss how you may have handled it differently
This will go through "turn-it-in" and must be authentic with less than 8% resulted. I also will pay additional for plagiarism check
LEADERSHIP IN HEALTHCARE.
(Student name :)
(Institution Affiliation :)
Leadership in healthcare is a very sensitive and crucial topic for discussion especially due to the fact that healthcare field is a very dynamic area that so many changes are experienced more likely on the personnel involved as well as the general subject matter (Kumar, 2013). For this reason, a number of prominent leaders in the medicine field tend to emerge every other day and therefore, the analysis of such persons is so crucial. Some of these leaders make remarkable changes or impact on the field and go unnoticed while in the case of others, the change is so great that their efforts are worth made known to the general public. In relation to this, therefore, the scholar will review the book by the name â€œGifted Handsâ€ by Benjamin Solomon Carson commonly known as â€œBenâ€ Carson.
Much emphasis will be on the analysis on this particular book due to the much contribution the leader in the book has made in the health sector as well as the general wellbeing of the people. The lessons that every reader and anyone who hears the story of this specific leader learns is another motivating factor that will necessitate the review. The analysis will include: the subject matter of the book, the leadership style of the leader, the impact of the leadership style, the challenges experienced, criticisms and conclusion.
The subject matter of the book:
The book â€œGifted Handsâ€ is a very inspirational story which talks about a metropolitan kid by the name Benjamin Solomon Carson, commonly referred to as â€œBenâ€™ Carson, who initially performs extremely poor in academics but finally makes it by becoming a pediatric neurosurgeon and later a politician. Though he had little motivation which only comes from his poor mother and his teacher, due to the fact that their father has abandoned them when he was just nine, he works very hard and achieves his dream of becoming a doctor. The tremendous achievement of the author is witnessed where he successfully separates Siamese twins joined at the skull(Carson, , 2011).The book is set in a way that the reader is always encouraged to do the seemingly impossible tasks if only they believe in themselves and have much determination, perseverance as well as courage as the leader did.
The leadership style, characteristics, and traits of the leader:
As his leadership style,â€ Benâ€ Carson applies courage and humility as well as being sensitive to issues related to his subjects such that most youths and other individuals under him term him as a good role model. In connection with this unique leadership quality, his subjects can be free to interact with him as well as emulating his wonderful style.
Ben Carson reveals some favorable character traits which include: determination; which is evident where he puts much effort in his studies and makes it despite the fact that he was a poor student. Courage; the trait is revealed whereby he gathers audacity together with his expertise to separate the Siamese twins. Compassion; this trait is portrayed by the character whereby applying the Christian values he holds very strongly, he identifies with the poor to an extent of being very sensitive to their needs and feelings. Per...
- DeafnessDescription: When the Mind Hears: A Story of the Deaf is a narration given by Harlan Lane in relation to the history of the deaf people in America...2 pages/≈550 words| 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Book Review |
- Book review. Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain by John RateyDescription: Book review. Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain by John Ratey. Health and Medicine Book Review...5 pages/≈1375 words| 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Book Review |
- Leadership in Health Care: Characteristics and Traits of the LeaderDescription: Describe how the leadership style or traits of the leader had a positive or negative impact on their ability to effectively lead their organization...5 pages/≈1375 words| 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Book Review |