Reading Response. History Article Critique assignment (Article Critique Sample)
Primary Source Response Papers (350-400 words x 4)
• Primary sources are the nuts and bolts of history. Your job is to use the primary
source(s) for the lecture (choose any 4 lectures) to write three brief analytical paragraphs (properly footnoted) that make a concise historical argument about race in American history. The first paragraph will contain your thesis, the second your evidence, the last your conclusion.
• Things to consider: How does the document help us understand the period in which it was written? How does it help us understand the trajectory of race in American history? What can this document help you prove about the past? What conclusions can you draw? Focus on historical analysis, not summary.
• Use any relevant secondary reading(s) from the course to help you make sense of the primary source.
Reading for assignment: https://avalon(dot)law(dot)yale(dot)edu/19th_century/csa_scarsec.asp
Subject and Section
February 10, 2020
Pieces of literature written in the past, have always been some of the most crucial pieces in understanding both the past, present and future of the society. With it, historians and other scholars could deduce the existing state of affairs, not only using the contents of the paper, but also by analyzing the wordings, meanings, and even underlying symbols of the words of the document’s author. Accordingly, this article would try to conduct the same analysis using the article entitled ‘Confederate States of America - Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union’, which was written on December 24, 1860. All in all, the author of this article believes that regardless of the time (past, present, or future) the Constitution helps shape perception of the public and perceived violations of the supreme law of the land could lead to conflict and division among the society.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Art Historian Project: Use of Symbolism in Dutch Painting From 1500-1800CEDescription: Symbolism or the use of symbols is a common feature for most artistic works since time immemorial. In most cases, these symbols usually represent something in the culture, religion, politics or the social lives of the artists....4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | History | Essay |
- philosophy - Morality, Ethics and reasoning. ArticleDescription: The abstract entity of Morality can be described using two heuristic theories that explain the idea of Universal Morality. Outlining the architect of the existing Morality is the theory of Descriptive Morality, where the existing Morality is described. ...1 page/≈275 words | Chicago | Literature & Language | Article |
- Case Study 2 Calculations: Calculate the client's target heart rate using the Karvonen formu. . .Description: I am a professional fitness expert and dietician, and I have dealt with many clients so far. For people like Clark Kent, it is integral to set up a training program that helps ensure their physical and mental fitness. During our conversation, Clark told me that he is in high school and wants to gain muscle...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Case Study |