Strategic Outsourcing (Article Critique Sample)
1000 words, double-spaced APA style
Must be written by native English speaker
Must be original in content, will be submitted through Safe Assign
Each Journal Article Review must include these sections:
• Title page
• Article caption at top of first page of text (current APA style)
• Statement of the author's purpose
• Application of supply chain management theory relevant to article
• Background of the issue
• Managerial implications (2–3 paragraphs) (Supply chain managers should....or "advice to Supply chain managers is....."
• References (Current APA style)
Included is the journal article.
Date of Submission:
Strategic outsourcing is the process that has been adopted by many companies to get services from service providers other than having in-house departments that carry out these tasks. Companies worldwide have been engaging providers of critical services that they feel it would not be cost-effective to handle them internally. This article by James Quinn and Fredrick Hilmer takes a critical review on the forces that push companies towards outsourcing of the services and how companies can leverage on their competencies available within the organization (Quinn & Hilmer, 1994 p43). The move to strategic outsourcing is necessitated by the need to use all the competencies available in an organization optimally and gain competitive edge in the market. The writers of the article Strategic Outsourcing are concerned with suggesting ways that the management of organizations can uses to ensure that their organizations leverage on the available competencies within the organization while at the same time to get an understanding of which services can be outsourced cost-effectively. The risks and benefits of outsourcing of services have been reviewed by analyzing the operations of many different companies and the strategies they have used to ensure profitability (Vagadia, 2011).
Strategic outsourcing is done by companies so as to help the organization in arranging how the organization will be able to successfully utilize its resources effectively to achieve its goals. There are various reasons that may drive a company to outsource services rather than do the intended operations internally (Vagadia, 2011). Outsourcing was developed to enable firms to concentrate on areas which are critical to the organization and which the organizations is well equipped at depending on the resources available. Companies can outsource services and activities which had been known to be integral to organizations’ operations but due to the costs related the services and the capabilities available to the organization proving that it would be cost effective to outsource from a provider (Vagadia, 2011).
Strategic outsourcing provides a platform through which the organization can achieve success in its operations by concentrating and investing in operations and investments that the organizations is best equipped in in-terms of the available resources. Proper handling of the operations by an organization will allow the organizations to adopt strategies that ensure that the firm builds on the competencies on the areas it is well equipped and ensures that it develops into levels that existing and upcoming competitor will not be able to match (Quinn & Hilmer, 1994). Thus the firm will be able to produce quality products or services in the area that it concentrates on and be able to protect its share of the market. Adoption of strategies to ensure maximum utilizations of resources in an organization will also ensure that it enjoys the benefits of the evolving market and technological development by decreasing the risks is faces, lowering...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Team Building and LeadershipDescription: Research and select two professional journal articles that directly relate to team building or improving team performances...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Article Critique |
- Critique on Business Ethics by the Harvard MagazineDescription: Business ethics or what is commonly referred to as the corporate values refer to the professional models of behaviors or the applied ethics at the places of work...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Article Critique |
- Business Ethics: Unit III Article CritiqueDescription: The article ‘Do Codes make a Difference’ focuses on the significance of having a code of conduct as demonstrated by its benefits in the Johnson & Johnson Company...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Article Critique |