US grand strategy after the Cold War: Can realism explain it? Should realism guide it? (Term Paper Sample)
Need an outline for the topic provided. Instructions for the paper are as followed.
Conduct a review of literature relevant to an analysis of the issue/event of your choice. The purpose of the literature review is to familiarize yourself with theories/propositions, concepts, variables, methods, data/statistics that may be conducive to an analysis of your subject. c. Develop a proposition (or identify underlying themes) from the literature review and generate a ‘hypothesis.’ The hypothesis is a relational or a correlational statement between the two variables of your choice. For Example:
(1) Economic globalization and quality of life: “The more the economic globalization, the higher the level of the quality of life.” (2) Amount of trade and economic development: “The larger the amount of trade, the more economically developed.”
The hypothesis generated is what you need to (empirically) verify based on ‘several’ cases (e.g., countries, MNCs, IGOs, etc) observed in your paper.
Us Grand Strategy After the Cold War: Can Realism Explain It? Should Realism Guide It?
* Summary of US grand strategy after the cold war and its efficacy.
* Hypotheses: Offshore balancing would significantly reduce US military spending
* Thesis statement: Offshore balancing is the best approach that US can take on foreign policy and has better chances of ensuring hegemon over her regions of interests.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to cold war:
- The North Korea Crisis. Describe the conflict and analyze its causesDescription: The North Korea Crisis dates backs during the period of the cold war after World War II. North Korea began to create nuclear weapons because it saw that this was the only way it could protect itself against surrounding adversaries....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Cold War 3 Questions. The Cold War was said to have occured from 1945-1989. What was the Co. . .Description: The Cold War was as a result of mistrust between the United States, the Russian empire and the USSR. The United States fought alongside with the Soviet Union and Russia against the Axis powers. ...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | MLA | History | Coursework |
- The Morality And Justifiability Of WarDescription: There is a lot of debate regarding whether war is moral and justifiable or not. Some people believe that it is immoral and cannot be tolerated at any cost, while the others think that sometimes war is the only way for survival and prosperity....2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | History | Essay |