Cold War 3 Questions. The Cold War was said to have occured from 1945-1989. What was the Cold War? (Coursework Sample)
Respond to each of the following three questions in approx. 250 words each. Some may be a little more and some a less.
1. The Cold War was said to have occured from 1945-1989. What was the Cold War?
2. Examine critical developments of the Cold War, including the:
division of Germany
American policy of containment
Cuban Missile Crisis
3. Evaluate the impact of the Cold War on events in China and the Middle East after 1945
Provide a Works Cited page listing all of the sources that you used to complete this assignment. Please use websites that are not links to purchase books but are websites that I can read the information such as, history.com, Encyclopedia Britannica etc.
Cold War History
The Cold War was as a result of mistrust between the United States, the Russian empire and the USSR. The United States fought alongside with the Soviet Union and Russia against the Axis powers. However, after World War 2 there arose a tension between the three parties. The USA was worried about the communism of the Soviet Union and the Russian ruler Joseph Stalin, who they considered was so thirsty for power and the need for Russia to control the world. The USSR was concerned about the fact that the USA did not recognize them as legitimate members of the front while the Russians were concerned about the late entry of the USA into the World War 2 long after Russia had lost several of their people. This led to a rise in tension among the members and mistrust among the three members CITATION His09 \l 1033 (History.com Staff).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to world war 2:
- Comparison paragraphs/superpower conflicts 3rd world Description: Several countries around the world have attempted to gain significant and substantial global influence and which would basically make them world superpowers....2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | MLA | History | Coursework |
- American economy. How has the American economy changed over the past 20 years?Description: When the World War II emerged, the US had the most robust economy in the world. Together with a few Western European countries, the US solely produced all the industrial machines and technologically complex goods....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- United States 1865-Present American IsolationismDescription: What was the expansion process of American territory until the end of the Spanish-American War? Westward expansion. The United States expanded to the West aided by the concept or idea of manifest destiny. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | History | Essay |