Facebook Live Killings. Legal or ethical duty to rescue a crime victim (Term Paper Sample)
1. Discuss whether or not you believe that Facebook has a legal or ethical duty to rescue a crime victim.
2.Suggest and elaborate on three (3) ways that social media platforms can be more proactive and thorough with their review of the types of content that appear on their sites.
3. Propose two (2) safeguards that Facebook and other social media platforms should put into place to help prevent acts of violence from being broadcasted.
4. Conduct some research to determine whether or not Facebook has an Ethics Officer or Oversight Committee. If so, discuss the key functions of these positions. If not, debate on whether or not they should create these roles.
5. Propose two (2) changes Facebook should adopt to encourage ethical use of their platform.
6. Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable reference and proprietary Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Facebook Live Killings
Facebook Live Killings
Increasingly, Facebook and other social media platforms have to deal with issues on how to translate ethical values without engaging in censorship. Violence prevention tools are just one way to limit exposure to violence, but Facebook uses artificial intelligence and employees to monitor online content. Facebook has no legal duty to rescue victims, but has an ethical duty to do so to the users, allow them to report suspicious activities, improve the risk oversight roles, and improve monitoring to ensure content does not violate community standards.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to domestic violence:
- Describe in detail the 5 Domestic Violence Theories.Description: Conduct research on the Internet or using other library resources to find one recent (within the last ten years) case from the news (not legal cases necessarily, just incidents of domestic violence that made news headlines) for each of the theories you have chosen....2 pages/≈550 words | 5 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Factorial ANOVA with aggressive behavior in teenage boysDescription: You introduce the levels of the IVs in two different places (suggesting three levels in the first par., two levels later on), but it is not clear which IV you are referring to. ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Psychology | Essay |
- A Cry for Help: The Tracey Thurman Story. Write a two-page reportDescription: The Thurman v. Torrington became a landmark case whereby Tracey Thurman sued the Torrington police department for failing to protect her from her husband’s violent acts. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |