Native Hawaiian Culture Group. Social Science Research Paper (Research Paper Sample)
a) Research the selected cultural group’s economic system, modes of livelihood and modes of reproduction using a minimum of one peer reviewed journal article and information from the Miller textbook.
b) Which population did you pick?
c) What is the population size and where are they located?
d) What is their economic system in terms of modes of livelihood (foraging, horticulture, pastoralism, agriculture or industrial), property ownership and modes of exchange?
e) What are the modes of reproduction in terms of population growth, value of children and social aspects specific to your selected cultural group?
f) How is the cultural group changing (or is being changed) through globalization when it comes to modes of livelihood and modes of reproduction?
g) How can anthropologists work to help this population in the changing world?
Include citations from the Miller textbook and a minimum of one peer reviewed journal article. Remember to write in your own words by interpreting what you read and citing the source. Avoid long direct quotes. Avoid plagiarism by always citing your sources.
Short paper format:
All short papers should have a title, an introduction, a conclusion and a References Cited page. All papers in the course must be:
• 2-4 pages
• doubled spaced
• font size 12
• written with proper grammar and syntax
• in American Psychological Association (APA) or American Sociological Association (ASA) citation and references style.
NATIVE HAWAIIAN CULTURE GROUP
Population size and where they are located
Niihau people inhabit the westernmost Hawaiian island. It is the seventh largest inhabited island of the Hawaii state. According to the 2010 census, the population of the Niihau people is 170. The island is privately owned by the Robinson’s family following a purchase from the Hawaii kingdom in 1864. The Niihau natives are of Polynesian origin like most indigenous people inhabiting the pacific islands. The Niihau natives speak Hawaiian as their primary language. They have also developed their own Hawaiian dialect known as the Niihuan dialect.
- Single-parent households. Social Sciences Research PaperDescription: Scholarly evidence shows that the explosion of crime is the United States is attributable to the loss of family capacity especially, loss of the father or mother's responsibility in caring for their children’s up-bringing. Such loss of authority at times is connected to poverty and discrimination. ...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |
- Literature Review Social Sciences Research PaperDescription: Economic inequalities have been growing in the U.S. According to Schlozman, Brady & Verba (2017), Americans are unequal in terms of income and wealth. In the U.S., inequalities in earnings and wealth have drastically increased since the 1970s....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |
- An Examination of Terrorism. A brief history of terrorism.Description: You will complete a Research Paper providing an in-depth examination of terrorism. The paper will detail the history of terrorism as it has developed over time. ...7 pages/≈1925 words | APA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |