Agency Serving a Vulnerable Population. Research Paper (Research Paper Sample)
elect a clinic or community agency within the community. The organization you select must
serve the needs of a vulnerable population group. Research the clinic or agency to obtain a
clear idea of services provided and the specific population it serves.
Examples of clinical or community health agencies:
• Employee/Occupational Health
• Public Health Department
• Refugee Centers
• Child/Adult Protective Services
• School Health Clinic
• Halfway House: Drug Abuse, Prison, etc.
• Homeless Center
• Public Clinics: Pediatric, Psychiatric, OB, Geriatric, Migrant, etc.
• Rehab Program: Cardiac, etc.
• Shelters: Homeless, Women’s, etc.
• HIV/AIDS programs/clinics
• Veterans’ agencies
• Adolescent Programs
• Group homes for MHMR clients, etc.
• Support groups for cancer, sexual abuse, etc. survivors
Research the selected agency and using the following headings, discuss:
1. Name of agency and why you selected this agency? 5 %
2. Brief history and mission of the agency 20 %
3. Target population the agency serves 10%
4. Services and programs offered 15%
5. What criteria (i.e. income, age, etc,) must clients meet in order to be served by the
6. What you found interesting about this agency or helpful for you as a professional
7. Cite and reference as appropriate 10%
PLEASE USE THE GRADING RUBRIC PROVIDED FOR THIS PROJECT TO GUIDE YOU
IN YOUR RESEARCH AND WRITE. PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THE
DIFFERENT WEIGHTS ASSIGNED TO EACH ITEM
Helping Up Mission, Maryland
Helping Up Mission, Maryland
In spite of being one of the richest countries in the world, the U.S. still has a significant percentage of its population as homeless. Of this percentage, women are 216,211 while men are 332,925 (HUD 2018 Continuum of Care Homeless). People often try to find a connection between homelessness and drug addiction. Some say that drug addiction leads to homelessness. However, there are those who believe that the above is a way for people to discredit the homeless people and blame them for what they are going through. Michael’s House (2020) reports that there are people who make some wrong choices in life and therefore, end up homeless. However, the article continues to indicate that at times, life can deal one more than they can handle. So, it is cruel to blame people who choose to use drugs to help deal with their pain. As Michael’s House reports, “addiction is both a cause and a result of homelessness.” The agency I chose deals with individuals who suffer from addiction and homelessness. Helping Up Mission seeks to assist individuals who are willing to take on a journey that will last for a year.
- Communicable Disease Health, Medicine, Nursing Research PaperDescription: Cholera is a severe communicable disease characterized by severe dehydration. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), it is an acute enteric infection that appears in individuals who have consumed contaminated water or food. Disrupted or destroyed environmental infrastructures...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- Off label drug use in Children Medicine, Nursing Research PaperDescription: Pediatricians worldwide are mandated and obligated to use their skills and levels of experience to treat all their infant patients to full recovery. However, there efforts are significantly challenged by the fact that most medications have not been tested on children. As such, there is insufficient...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- Pharmacological Recommendations Medicine, Nursing Research PaperDescription: Hormones are an effective treatment, but there is a need to consider the safety of the therapy for the 46-year- old woman who is complaining of hot flushing, night sweats, and genitourinary symptoms. Clonidine is effective in reducing high blood pressure and against hot flashes...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |