Standard Business Plan: Market And Competitive Analysis (Research Paper Sample)
You are a project manager for a 300-bed community hospital with a 100-physician medical group consisting of primary care and specialty physicians including 20 surgeons of various specialties. Included in this are four well known and respected orthopedic surgeons who contribute significantly to the hospital's surgery volumes. Senior leadership of the hospital has asked you to put together a proposal for the addition of an outpatient surgery center to be constructed in a new space attached to the hospital.
Write a Market and competition analysis.
Please reference the article below
Johnson, J. E., & Garvin, W. S. (2017). Advanced practice nurses: developing a business plan for an independent ambulatory clinical practice. Nursing Economics. 35(3), 126-141. Retrieved from http://eds.b.ebscohost.com.lopes.idm.oclc.org/eds/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=2&sid=2ac67932-bcbe-4eb2-ba1e-b9b0f3a35d69%40sessionmgr102
Important factors for consideration in your proposal include:
• Patient flow
• Number of rooms needed
• Operating room (OR) equipment
• Sterilization equipment
• Office equipment
• Construction factors: contractor selection, timelines, permitting, licensing, architecture and interior design, etc.
• Volumes lost in main OR versus volume gain from outpatient environment and increased capacity
• Make the following assumptions per operating room:
• One RN
• One scrub tech
• Four pre-op RNs
• Four post-op RNs
• Two registration clerks
• One custodian
• Two sterilization clerks
• Registration process
• Pre-op process
• Post-op process
• Coding/billing process
• Physician space (Changing rooms, workspace for paper work)
• Staff space (Changing rooms, break room)
• Effects of political aspects of meeting physician needs on both the surgery center's performance and that of the main OR in the hospital. Also, any that may occur between surgical specialists.
• Financial impacts of an ASC
• Trend analysis: are ambulatory surgery centers a growing or diminishing trend?
• Typical competition of an ASC
• Should it be attached to the hospital, etc?
• Marketing – who are major audiences?
Market and Competitive Analysis
Market and Competitive Analysis
For the past three years, the primary care departments have been dominating the ambulatory services increasing its revenue costs. Being the first point of care, governments and healthcare institutions are investing in physicians' practice with the aim of transforming it into community-based care. Surgery department is forecasted to grow due to the major expansion and acquisitions being undertaken by various healthcare providers in this segment and the technological advancements which have increased the same-day surgery demand.
The outpatient services market has emerged to be the largest due to the aging population, which has shifted from inpatient to outpatient care and saving less costs because of the same-day surgeries without hospital stays. Most of the healthcare providers, especially those that offer ambulatory care services have embarked on expanding their network with other providers and physicians as an expansion strategy. For example, Tenet Healthcare and United Surgical Partners International collaborated with other external providers to extend their ambulatory care unit network. This combination of efforts provided more than 20 imaging centers, about 260 short-day surgery facilities. This was a collaboration of more than 45 healthcare providers and 3,900 physicians. This is an indication that there is a need for surgery in ambulatory care facilities.
The demand for ambulatory services is increasing in all developed countries due to the av
- Concept Analysis of Pain using the Dorothea Orem's Theory of Nursing (NR501W4)Description: Possible Concepts: The following concepts are not required; students may select one of these concepts or find another concept....8 pages/≈2200 words | 6 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- Voluntary Assisted EuthanasiaDescription: Medically assisted euthanasia is the intentional killing of a patient by the doctor, in most due to the request by the individual, to stop ones suffering....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- Hand Washing Technique Among Hospital StaffDescription: Population in this case encompasses the total number of population staff in the hospital who will participate in the hand washing technique...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |