Perspective Relative To The Political System In The United States (Other (Not Listed) Sample)
Complete the quiz in a Word document. This is an open book quiz. The answer to each question must be 100-125 words.
1. Compare and contrast the conflict and the functionalist perspective relative to the political system in the United States. Select one current issue such as healthcare, immigration, or one of your choosing and discuss the issue from both perspectives.
2. Describe your family dynamics from the functionalist, conflict, and symbolic interactionist perspectives.
3. What are the sociological characteristics of religion in the United States? Build an argument that religion is likely to remain a strong feature of life in the United States or why religion may not remain a strong feature in the lives of Americans.
4. Select one of the sociological perspectives, the functionalist, conflict, or symbolic interactionist, and analyze the problems facing K-12 education in the United States. Describe three or four solutions that you would like to present to your local school board to improve the educational system.
Compare and contrast the conflict and the functionalist perspective relative to the political system in the United States. Select one current issue such as healthcare, immigration, or one of your choosing and discuss the issue from both perspectives.
When discussing the contrast conflict and functionalist perspective that relates to the political system in the United States, it tends to suggest that societies are similar or universal and that they are formed by different parts that have common characteristics. In relation to the economy both shows that economic malfunction may bring about oppression. Looking at their contrast the functionalism depicts the society’s system of behavior (Smith, 2010).
Describe your family dynamics from the functionalist, conflict, and symbolic interaction perspective
Conflict perspective-this perspective looks at the society from the negative side. The conflict perspective scholars argue that the rich and people of class force the social order on the poor. They tend to be advocating for humanitarian, democracy and human rights and freedoms.
Functionalism perspective-This perspective help us to understand that each part of a society is depending on the other. In this area the government may take responsibility of doing other things for the society .Helps individuals in undertaking an obligation in the society. This perspective brings about cohesion and integration in the society.
Symbolic integrationist perspective-This is a case the society uses symbols to communicate some ideas. The pers
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to immigration:
- World Music Class Response LogDescription: While pop music has changed since the 1970s, the growing popularity of Latino pop music from the 1990s resulted in Latina performers like Shakira becoming more mainstream....1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | Other | Literature & Language | Book Report |
- Oral History: Experiences of ImmigrantsDescription: Most of the negative experiences help immigrants to become more enlightened in their lives and they will come up with different ways of coping up with their new life....8 pages/≈2200 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Life Sciences | Essay |
- The Solutions to Problem of OverpopulationDescription: Population in the world has detonated over the last half-century. Historically, the world’s population stretched to 7.3 billion in 2015, and could remarkably attain 9-12 billion before 2050....3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Life Sciences | Essay |