Reduction Of Greenhouse Gas Emissions. Business & Marketing Essay (Essay Sample)
4 key issues
́1) Describe the predicted climate change impacts on your chosen case or sector
́ 2) Discuss the rationale and the theoretical underpinnings of a carbon tax and compare it with the Direct Action Plan
́3) Identify various risks and opportunities for the chosen sector or firm in a carbon constrained world.
́ 4) Outline appropriate adaptation strategies
́ You can choosing a firm or a sector
structure of the report
- Title page
- Introduction, aim, structure of the essay
- Overview of the firm/sector
- Predicted climate impacts on the case
- Impacts of carbon policies (C tax, DA comparison)
- Risks and opportunities in a C constrained world
- Adaptation strategies
- Conclusions and recommendations
- Reference List
- Annexes (if any)
The Australian Government introduced a Carbon Tax in 2012 to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions and to tackle the serious environmental problem of climate change. The Coalition Government introduced a Direct Action Plan to replace the Carbon Tax and to achieve the same goal of greenhouse gas mitigation. Compare and contrast these two policies and evaluate the likely impacts of both policies on your selected corporate case or a sector by applying the knowledge gained from the course.
In your response, as a minimum, you should:
- Describe the predicted climate change impacts on your chosen case or sector.
- Discuss the rationale and the theoretical underpinnings of a carbon tax and compare it with the Direct Action Plan.
- Identify various risks and opportunities for the chosen sector or firm in a carbon constrained world.
- Outline appropriate adaptation strategies.
- Application of theories
- Not detailed descriptions of theories but application
E.g. Frame the climate change problem as an externality – Explain why it is an externality and the type of externality?
Critical discussion and evaluation
- What needs to be discussed:
Predicted climate change impacts on your corporate case/sector
- Based on your research, you should provide a brief discussion on impacts
- Do not provide general information on climate impacts
- A common mistake: CC impacts on your firm or your firm’s impacts on the climate?
Impacts of climate change policy
- Rationale of carbon pricing (e.g. Carbon tax)
- Arguments for direct government intervention (ERF)
- A brief policy comparison between the tax and Direct Action Plan
Policy impacts on your case/sector
- Liability under the carbon tax policy?
- Has it sold emission reductions under direct action (ERF)? Where do I find this information?
Risks and opportunities
- Identify risks from physical impacts
- Identify business risks and opportunities arising from the policy settings
- Identify potential adaptation options
- Critique adaptation plans; Could use the adaptation taxonomy discussed in Lecture 5a
- If plans are not developed or not clear, suggest appropriate options
- Demonstrate your problem solving skills
- Focus and Analysis
- Focus – firm or sector
Needs specific information and analysis
- Integrate with Module contents
Show what you have learned from the Modules
- Research – Substantiate all your claims ´Analysis, critique, evaluation
Be smart with your use of contents ´Brevity – express much in few words
- Be creative, use embed quality hyperlinks/online media for general information
REDUCTION OF GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS
Name of the Author
Name of the Class
Name of the professor
Name of the School
The City and State Where it is located
REDUCTION OF GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS
Australia has limitless efforts towards promoting a cleaner and safer environment to avoid climate change in the future. It participates in international climate agreements to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Under the Kyoto Protocol, Australia agreed to decrease 5% below 2000 levels by 2020. The nation signed an agreement to reduce about 26% to 28% of greenhouse gas emissions below 2005 levels by 2030 under the Paris Agreement (Biswas, 2013, 736). Therefore, this nation is on track if it will meet the target by 2020. It came up with effective policies that will help in fulfilling their targets. The Department of Environment and Energy gives an account for frequent updates on carbon footprint in the country.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to climate change:
- President Donald Trump’s thoughts on climate changeDescription: President Donald Trump’s thoughts on climate change are a stark contrast from his predecessor and even the republicans. Analyze how President Trump’s thoughts on climate change are influencing current environmental policies and regulation. ...3 pages/≈825 words | Other | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Privilege Needs to be Eradicated From Those Who Have ItDescription: In the ﬁrst half of the semester, we’ve analyzed how proﬁt becomes a global priority, how living under capitalism can coerce us into softening our political commitments and how our assumptions of superiority over others (both human and non-human) perpetuate physical and structural violence....5 pages/≈1375 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- China's energy profile. Renewable energy technologies.Description: China is the largest producer of both global greenhouse gas emissions and renewable energy technologies. How does this conflicting production phenomenon stabilize China's market economy in unexpected and unprecedented ways?...1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |