Resiliency. How to Build Resiliency in the Face of Adversity (Essay Sample)
Resiliency is the crux of overcoming crisis and disaster. In America, generationally, it is on the on the down swing. As a result, suicide and depression are massively on the upswing. Especially in younger generations (millennials; 1981-1996) with the impact of social media these are intensified.
Watch the following TedTalks.
For this assignment you are to reflect and write about your own experiences. In a time when everything might seem like the world is falling around you, perspective is critical. Consider the following in your paper:
-What you’ve been through
-How you’ve dealt with it and how it’s made you stronger
-How it stacks up against the current pandemic we’re faced with
-How your experiences might benefit you with what’s going on now
-How the above videos might be applied to further empower you
This paper is purely subjective, there is no need for any citations or resources. 500 words.
How to Build Resiliency in the Face of Adversity
A family history of cancer is not easy to live with especially having a constant fear that you might be next. My grandmother was the first causality of cancer. For months, we died inside watching her suffer with nothing to do to help with her pain. All we could do is pray for her and to God to relieve her of the pain. The stress this brought to our family especially on my mother was daunting. At some point, she would lock herself up and cry others she was extra calm and at her worst, she burst out in anger and got violent even on trivial issues.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Drug abuse and drug overdose (Opium). Social Sciences EssayDescription: For most people, it is difficult to understand why a person uncontrollably succumbs to drug abuse and addiction since, in contemporary society, these concepts are linked to immorality or the lack of willpower. ...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Answer to question 2. Social Sciences Assignment. Description: Technological development such as the internet has in some manner caused loss of quality farmland, increasing world population, deforestation, pollution, freshwater scarcity, rising sea levels, and high temperatures among other issues....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Answer to question 3. What is "the digital poorhouse"?Description: When we talk about the technologies that mediate our interactions with public agencies today, we tend to focus on their innovative qualities, the ways they break with convention....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |