Short-Answers Leadership that Gets Results (Essay Sample)
For this Short Answer Assessment, you will answer a series of short answer items to demonstrate your understanding how to apply leadership and management frameworks and theories to effectively address business problems and opportunities. This Short-Answer Assessment is based on the various case studies and other materials provided. Read each case study and the article, “Leadership That Gets Results.” Then, respond to the General Leadership prompts as well as the Personal Reflection items on the LM001 Short-Answer Submission Form.
To complete this Assessment:
• Download the Academic Writing Expectations Checklist to use as a guide when completing your Assessment. Responses that do not meet the expectations of scholarly writing will be returned without scoring. Properly formatted APA citations and references must be provided where appropriate.
• Download the LM001 Short-Answer Submission Form, which includes the Rubric for this Assessment. Complete the form adhering to the criteria presented in the Rubric.
Access the following to complete this Assessment:
• Craig Kielburger Cases
• A Day in the Life of Alex Sander: Driving in the Fast Lane at Landon Care Products Case Study
• Leading Across Cultures at Michelin (A) Case Study
• Leading Across Cultures at Michelin (B) Case Study
• Leadership Styles Case Study
• Leadership That Gets Results
This Assessment requires submission of one (1) document, a completed LM001 Short-Answer Submission Form. Save this file as LM001_firstinitial_lastname (for example, LM001_J_Smith). When you are ready to upload your completed Assessment, use the Assessment tab on the top navigation menu.
Short-Answers Leadership that Gets Results
1. Craig Kielburger Cases
Craig Kielburger faces a remarkable evolution of his organization and pivotal movements in his life. The primary dilemmas are strategic and the solutions relied on social entrepreneurship and leadership character. According to Karsgaard (2019) Kielburger is widely known for his activism and his cofounding work and leading ME to WE , a business that links purchases to economic and global social development. Kielburger founded and co-leads WE charity; formerly Free the Children, which focuses on youth education and mobilization particularly. Kielburger has demonstrated diverse leadership qualities such as integrity, equality, honesty and perseverance.
Kielburger Leadership traits
Karsgaard (2019) argues that Kielburger demonstrated to be an honest leader through fighting against child labor. The leader always accomplishes his set goals and keeps his word. Initially, Kielburger promised to continue fighting for children rights until they are all free of enslavement. Worth noting, his achievements are far above expectations as he was ranked as one of the youngest members to be awarded the Order of Canada award.
Kielburger exhibits integrity as a leader as he stood up and spoke out for Iqbal Masih, a 12-year-old boy when nobody else was courageous enough to voice their opinion (Kielburger, 2010). Notably, Iqbal was assassinated because of raising his voice against child labor. Kielburger set his goal never to let this happen to anyone again. Therefore, Kielburger stood strong for equality and honesty.
Equality is another aspect of the many leadership qualities that Kielburger demonstrated. His charity organization deemed as “Free the Children” focuses to end child labor and allow all children from diverse backgrounds globally to live as equals. Kielburger strongly believed that no one child should enjoy all the comforts of the world at the expense of another child suffering as a slave and struggling for necessities (Kielburger, 2010). The sense of equal opportunities for all was the driving force for Kielburger to start his charity.
Karsgaard (2019) argues that Kielburger demonstrates perseverance leadership quality. He never gives up the event after achieving big milestones of success. Besides campaigning "Free the Children", Kielburger has a degree in peace and conflict and recently went back to school to execute Master of Business Administration. Despite the various challenges that couple his busy lifestyle; Kielburger is tenacious and seeks for ways to enhance his leadership qualities. Determination makes him an ideal leader as it allows the accomplishment of more work effectively and efficiently.
Yes, I think Craig Kielburger is an effective leader because he demonstrated to be an honest leader ever since he started fighting against child enslavement and was tenacious to seek ways to enhance his leadership qualities besides having a busy schedule. Leithwood, Harris & Hopkins (2019) argues that effective leadership is demonstrated by integrity and honesty, passion and commitment, innovation and creativity, decision-making capabilities, accountability, delegation and empowerment, a good communicator and the capability to inspire others. Kielburger successfully fought against child enslavement as he possessed these good leadership qualities.
Leithwood, Harris & Hopkins (2019) argues that leadership behaviors prompt others to act. Irrespective of having a vision for an organization, product, future and people, leadership behaviors inspire them to lead and their followers to action. A major challenge that coupled Kielburger is that he lacked sufficient funding to support his or...
- Self-analysis Essay: Myers Briggs Personality InventoryDescription: This essay is about describing the results I got after undertaking a personality test. The aim of the personality test was to gain self-awareness and learn about my strengths and weaknesses....6 pages/≈1650 words | 8 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Self-analysis: Results Of Self-Awareness TestDescription: In this paper, I am reporting and analyzing my results from each of these self-awareness tests. From the tests, my key strengths include empathy, social skills, and teamwork while the areas I need to develop include conscientiousness and neuroticism. ...5 pages/≈1375 words | 8 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Take Back Legislations in the US compared to other CountriesDescription: ake back legislations compel manufacturers to take care of the products they sell to the customers as they are expected to collect them or the customers will return them for proper disposal or recycling....1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |