2 pages/≈550 words
Literature & Language
To kill a mocking bird (movie) (Essay Sample)
Need an essay that describes the movie and the HISTORIC Time period of the movie source..
To kill a mocking bird
To kill a mocking Bird is a classic movie set in Alabama in 1932 during the 20th century. It is based on the novel written by Harper Lee. The movie illustrates the injustice and prejudice seen in society in Alabama at this time. All these events are unfolded via the perception of a lively tom boy named Scout who is six years old. The narrator first presents the events as quiet memories of her childhood. She captures the audience attention by tales of their daring exploits in their vicinity (Sova 1984). Her brother Jem and friend named Dill are with her in these escapades. These events unfold in a bizarre town known as Maycomb which may be described as, "a tired and sleepy town. It is at this town that a young black man is accused falsely of raping an oblivious white woman and brought to trial. Tom Robinson is the unlucky young man and is represented by Atticus Finch who is the father of Scout and Jem. Finch is a widower who can be identified as a man of principle. The jury set up to Judge Tom consists of only whites and thereof it is foreseen that the verdict will definitely be guilty.
The narrator presents another character along with the occurrence of the trial known as Boo Radley. This peculiar individual was suspected of insanity by both the children and Rachael who was Dill`s aunt. Radley had been gone for a while an...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to memories:
- Poem Analysis of Sylvia Plath's 'The Mirror'Description: Poem Analysis of Sylvia Plath's 'The Mirror' Essay...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- SWOT ANALYSIS for SAMSUNG ELECTRONICSDescription: Undergraduate writing level 3 pages Business and Marketing Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. SWOT ANALYSIS for SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Significance of Using Symbols in NarrativesDescription: Literature and Language: Significance of Using Symbols in Narratives Essay...4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |