Journal Entry Week 5. What Language Barrier? -Cameron (267) (Essay Sample)
Weekly Reading and Journal Entry.
What Language Barrier? -Cameron (267)
Nonverbal Behavior: Culture, Gender, and the Media - Gamble and Gamble (286)
Small-Scale Communication – Akin (290)
Each entry should be about 150-200 words in length and include a brief summary of the reading along with an analysis of the texts and an attempt to apply the reading to the student’s life.
Please write according to the format of the provided journal entry sample.
Entries will be evaluated by
1) timely submission,
2) evidence of reading completion,
3) attempt for an application, and
4) attempt for analysis of reading.
In What Language Barrier? by Deborah Cameron, the author stated that the way men and women communicate has a huge difference, may it be verbal or non-verbal. It is said that some psychological studies even suggest that the way two sexes communicate is based on how their brains are wired. Cameron believes that the theory that Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus has a scientific explanation and it proves how the two opposite gender communicates in drastically different ways. These differences made a barrier that hinders two people from understanding each other. It also suggests that women are more expressive than men....
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to language essays:
- Analysis Essay. Literature and Language Assignment.Description: The world has been opened up into a global village as a result of increased interaction between individuals from different regions and diverse backgrounds....3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Summerize. Janice Mouton on Film Editing. Literature & LanguageDescription: What is Janice Mouton saying about the editing in the film? She referencing intercutting explicitly, but her discussion of fragmentation is related. ...1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Annotated Bibliography of a Tragic Hero. Literature & LanguageDescription: This source has made me understand that a tragic hero is a person who faces a lot of problems or challenges and is constantly kept under pressure. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |