10 Strategic Points Qualitative Study Extraction (Essay Sample)
In the prospectus, proposal, and dissertation there are 10 strategic points that need to be clear, simple, correct, and aligned to ensure the research is doable, valuable, and credible. These points, which provide a guide or vision for the research, are present in almost any research study. The ability to identify these points is one of the first skills required in the creation of a viable doctoral dissertation. In this assignment, you will identify and evaluate 10 strategic points in a published qualitative research study.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
EdD learners ONLY: Review the Watkins dissertation.
DBA Learners ONLY: Revise the Groveunder dissertation.
Locate and download "Modified 10 Points Template."
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
APA style is required for this assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Using the "Modified 10 Points Template," identify each of the 10 strategic points in the qualitative dissertation for your discipline (EdD or DBA).
Complete the "Evaluation" section of the template by addressing the following questions (250-500 words) with regard to the 10 strategic points in the study:
Discuss the key points in the literature review and how the author used this section to identify the gap or problem addressed in the study.
Describe the phenomenon under study and how it is a key component in this qualitative research study.
Describe the problem and how it informed the research questions under study.
Describe the qualitative design used and why it is appropriate for the identified problem and research questions. Support your response with a peer-reviewed citation from a research source.3
Assess the appropriateness of the instruments used to collect data and answer the research questions as well as to address the stated problem
10 Strategic Points Qualitative Study Extraction.
1 Article Citation.
Watkins, T. M. (2016). Professional Learning Community Implementation and Teacher
2 Broad Topic.
Point: Examining how professional learning society samples and models affect their teaching and learning as well as the issue of professional improvement and development in K-8 school (Watkins, 2016).
Location: Page #6-7.
3 Literature Review.
The information presented in this section covers most of the areas of the analysis.
Although the research-based evidence yielded a cease with PLC models and the thought that the idea of the development and expansion of teachers and learning may be extinct, PLC majorly influences the numerous life experiences of the educators in their collaboration with each other (Watkins, 2016). Therefore, the discourse shows that there is no standard impact of PLC on the professional and developmental improvement of teachers.
Location: Page #2.
* Theoretical Foundation.
The dissertation contains a continuous, dynamic and transformational theoretical foundation instilled in its study and social cognitive theory. The developments of PLCs evaluate the features of PLCs and the manner in which their impact in one K-8 school is created and enacted with the objective of instilling knowledge in students (Wallace et al., 2016).
Location: Page # 191.
* Additional Literature Review.
* Qualitative PLC Study.
Numerous studies were performed before the actual study where the main focus was on how professional education in a K-8 school emphasizes on teaching and learning besides how teachers know of the issue of participation within the specific educational environments aided with their growth (Jones & Thessin, 2017). Moreover, PLCs are significant because of their credible contribution to knowledge delivery and building within professional environments.
* Emphasis of PLCs on education.
This segment is a supportive chapter to the previous discourse and this is evident with its manifestation of the importance of PLC models in the implementation of providing and receiving education.
* Professional Development.
The focus of the discourse, as also pictured by McConnell et al., (2018) was on how education in general, is more significant than concentrating on a single professional skill with the view of improving an education facility.
* The view of teachers on the issue of PLC models.
The research showed that teachers are conversant of the importance of PLCs as the models with a platform where they can share their education delivery experience and developing their relationships in the learning environments (Jones & Thessin, 2017).
* Relationship between PLC models and the Social Cognitive Theory.
The basis of the study was on the connection between professional learning communities and social cognitive theory (Watkins, 2016). The relationship was aimed at evaluating the determination of teachers in approaching growth and development.
Location: Page #40-70.
4 Problem Statement.
There is no standard and precise discourse on the manner in which p
- Impact of Slavery in a Contemporary SocietyDescription: This paper focuses on the impact of slavery, both negative and positive in the lives of communities in America. Mostly, topics on slavery usually focuses on the negative effects but this investigative paper will also discuss the positive outcomes as a result of this offensive crime against humanity....9 pages/≈2475 words | 5 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Diversity for Women in Armed Forces. Social Sciences Research PaperDescription: The history of women struggle for equal rights in the United States has been a long and arduous journey. Beginning at a time when ideas about the place of women in society were brought from the old world to colonial America, women did not even have a right to their possessions if they got married...7 pages/≈1925 words | 8 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- ISSA Final Exam Case Study Physical Abilities And Primary GoalsDescription: Given the physical abilities and primary goals of the client, the training program that the analyst chose as a form of exercise to the client is appropriate, safe and effective, apart from being select and determined specifically for the individual...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |