Week 5 Special Education Law IEP Parental Participation Essay (Essay Sample)
Write a brief response to each of the following questions:
1)What does the IDEA specify as parent roles?
2) Under IDEA, who is a parent?
3) why does IDEA place a high premium on parental involvement?
Week 5: Special Education Law: IEP Parental Participation
What does the IDEA specify as parent roles?
The parent is an essential member of the IEP team as they discuss with other members on the physical, emotional and developmental strengths and needs of the child. They also share their ideas on the best strategies that will improve the education of their child. They offer informed insight on the manner that their child learns, their interests and other important aspects of the child’s life that only they can know (Hoover, & Patton, 2017). The parent must attend meetings to ensure that they participate in the decision-making process and also provide the necessary input in every dimension of programs offered to their child.
Under IDEA, who is a parent?
The parent is the person accountable for taking care of the child. This can also include a guardian who is generally authorized to act as the parent or all
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Drugs Essays
- Artificial intelligence Essays
- George washington Essays
- The crucible Essays
- Body image Essays
- Terrorism Essays
- Autism Essays
- Edgar allan poe Essays
- Mahatma gandhi Essays
- Progressive era Essays
- Overpopulation Essays
- Professionalism Essays
- Hurricane katrina Essays
- Poetry Essays
- Single parent Essays
- Movie Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to child abuse:
- Explanation Of The Different Forms Of AbuseDescription: This paper seeks to provide an explanation of the different forms of abuse, analyze theories that relate to abuse, and finally, assess factors that may lead to abuse....4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | APA | Psychology | Essay |
- Child Abuse Causes DepressionDescription: This paper will explore various empirical articles that provide evidence on the link between child abuse and subsequent physical and psychological impacts....7 pages/≈1925 words | 5 Sources | APA | Psychology | Research Paper |
- Abuse And Neglect Answering The About Question Description: When you finish please answering the about question and send to me, please. Make sure the article is about the abuse and neglect of the patient in the nursing home...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |