Special Education Law: Parental Involvement In IEP (Essay Sample)
Navigate to the Office of Administrative Hearings website located
In the Search field, ensure Special Ed Decisions is selected from the drop-down menu
In the Keywords field, type parental participation
Read one of the cases that about denying parental participation.
Briefly summarize the case you read.
1)What was the decision of the administrative law judge?
2) Do you agree or disagree with the decision? Provide rationale for your opinion.
Special Education Law
The case I am going to review is named as Parent on Behalf of Student vs. Cabrillo Unified School District. On December 5, 2008, a student filed a request that he should be allowed to get a free education at a public institution. During the hearing, the student, who was a boy, was residing with his parents within the boundaries of District. His public school was El Granada Elementary School. Finally, the student was granted a continuance for a noble cause on
January 14, 2009.
According to Linda Wilmshurst, a significant number of children across the United States and worldwide have hearing problems; when their parents send them to public schools, they are often challenged for their health and survival
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Slavery Essays
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
- World war 1 Essays
- Martin luther king Essays
- Minimum wage Essays
- Technology Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to single parent:
- Week 5 Special Education Law IEP Parental Participation EssayDescription: 1)What does the IDEA specify as parent roles? 2) Under IDEA, who is a parent? 3) why does IDEA place a high premium on parental involvement?...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Law | Essay |
- ParentingEffects of parenting on developmentDescription: With parents being a fixed and always present feature in a child’s life normally, they have the most significant influence on their development....4 pages/≈1100 words | 5 Sources | APA | Psychology | Research Paper |
- Cat Joe's Pig Rig Case Accounting, Finance, SPSS Case StudyDescription: High serving capacity: Food truck business has no limitation in terms of the serving capacity, therefore, has a high potential of serving a massive number of customers in a single location. Low start-up capital: The initial cost of establishing a food-truck business is relatively low...4 pages/≈1100 words | No Sources | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Case Study |