How is the Privacy & Security of Health Data Collected by Entities Not Regulated by HIPAA? (Essay Sample)
Reflection paper will include any information covered on the document: Examining Oversight of the Privacy & Security of Health Data Collected by Entities Not Regulated by HIPAA.
When writing, consider the following:
What new things have you learned about the topic?
How has your learning affected preconceptions or misconceptions you brought with you into class about privacy & security?
How does your learning affect your view of privacy & security?
Will what you have learned change your professional behavior or attitudes in the future?
This class is about "Healthcare Information Privacy, Security and Confidentiality" . The writer is free to choose additional resources.
How is the Privacy & Security of Health Data Collected by Entities Not Regulated by HIPAA?
The Privacy & Security of Health Data Collected by Entities Not Regulated by HIPAA
The paper looks at security and privacy of data and information collected by other entities with no Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act regulation. With the government's concern to prominent health issues, the government formulated a body in 1996, which was the HIPAA to regulate significant health issues, such as privacy of information and collection of health data. Before the advent of the health regulatory body in 1996, the institutions collecting data and important health information worked in absence of a prominent regulatory body. Currently, there are other business related organizations under the medicine branch with access to private information that they could access, disclose, and affect the person. A good example of the institutions that could access such information and data are the current mobile inventions, commonly called the telemedicine services in the current world. The digital healthcare atmosphere requires maximum enforcement to cover security and confidential information in the health context proficiently. The paper covers confidentiality of data and information from bodies that HIPAA does not regulate, the facts and misconceptions on the matter, the lessons learnt and the way the affect one's viewpoints and the way the lessons could change one's health professional behavior.
From the study, I learnt several things relating to security of information and data privacy in the health context. Firstly, there are bodies that are not under HIPAA regulation that access information and data from health care centers. Most of these institutions arise from the emerging technological advancements around the globe (Klein and Jee-Young, 2014). There are social media services that involve mobile medical care and telemedicine services to manage medical health among the citizens around the globe. Secondly, HIPAA mostly applies in the traditional health care management, where it mostly works in alignment to the national priorities (Hsieh, 2014). Many emerging modern health care services access information with no HIPAA regulations as they use digital means such as mobile phones, personal computers and tablets. From e...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- M10 Assignment: Baby Boomers after the Second World WarDescription: What you write, give an example of your own of how did these parents of the golden generation influence the children (baby boomers) ...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Mitigating Falls in Elderly Patients in Acute Care FacilitiesDescription: This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion....10 pages/≈2750 words | 15 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Legal Aspects of Delegation, Supervision and Assignment AcceptanceDescription: The realities of a healthcare system face many challenges to the registered nurses plasticising in different care units in delivering quality...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |