Positive Image of Nursing? (Essay Sample)
Do I Reflect A Positive Image of Nursing?
For this assignment I want you to think of what nursing means to you and your community and evaluation yourself. This assignment is to be at least 5 paragraphs in length and have substantial references to support your ideas. Address questions such as, but not limited to:
• How does the community view nursing
• Why do I want to be a nurse
• Do I know someone who is a true professional nurse
• What does the profession of nursing mean to me
Please make sure that this assignment is free of spelling and grammatical errors. Times New Roman font, size: 12 point, double spaced. Upload this assignment on the Moodle page.
Positive Image of Nursing
Positive Image of Nursing
In our community, nursing is viewed as a strict profession that demands responsibilities because it is about patient satisfaction. A nurse is expected to explain, respond and watch over patients. Nurses are required to give essential explanations to patients; provide feedback to patient's requests or symptoms. Watching over a patient is about the surveillance activities conducted by nursing staff (Potter and Griffin, 2005).
I want to become a nurse to be more than just an assistant; I want to advocate and educate patients to realize positive health outcomes. I want to change the public perception of nurses that a nurse is just someone who assists the doctor during and after treatment. My intention is to change the perception that the principles of a nursing revolve around providing care and comfort (Hogan, 2000).
For me, nursing is more than just caring for someone in distress; nursing is about improving the lives of the sick and making decisions that will go a long way in br...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Romeo and juliet Essays
- Time management Essays
- Sport Essays
- Buddhism Essays
- Community service Essays
- Hate crime Essays
- Lord of the flies Essays
- Macbeth Essays
- Basketball Essays
- Pearl harbor Essays
- New york city Essays
- Odyssey Essays
- Donald trump Essays
- Gender inequality Essays
- Great depression Essays
- Happiness Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to body image:
- Gallery Review Research PaperDescription: Lovers of art could not have failed or purposed to follow the Los Angeles exhibition of 7 May 2015 (Fahey/Klein Gallery, 2015)...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |
- Witch Hunts EssayDescription: In one of the most revered moments in the history of America, the red scare was a critical event. ...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | History | Essay |
- Aesthetics and ExperienceDescription: In light of the elements of physical and multisensory aspects of the panorama and planetarium there are some unique features...3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |