Population Health Policy Analysis. Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Benchmark - Population Health Policy Analysis
Select a current proposed health care policy that is designed to improve a specific population’s access to quality, cost-effective health care. In a paper of 1,000-1,250 words, include the following:
1. Explain the policy and how it is designed to improve cost-effectiveness and health care equity for the population. Is the policy financially sound? Why or why not? How does the policy account for any relevant ethical, legal, and political factors and the nursing perceptive one must consider when implementing it?
2. To what state, federal, global health policies or goals is this particular policy related? How well do you think the policy is designed to achieve those goals?
3. Finally, discuss the advocacy strategies you would employ on behalf of your population to ensure they have access to the benefits of the policy. Explain, from a Christian perspective, the professional and moral obligation of advanced registered nurse to advocate for and promote health and prevent disease among diverse populations.
You are required to cite five to 10 sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Population Health Policy Analysis
Population Health Policy Analysis
Policymakers face an enormous task of guaranteeing the most suitable health plans for their citizens. Health plans are inflated with choices meaning that finding an appropriate system that fits the public is a challenge. Moreover, several metrics have to be taken into account. The economic aspect is a major staking point because people have varying income levels. Politics is another conundrum that citizens have to bear with as each side endears to make their stamp. Besides, there are other significant trade-offs. For instance, focusing on tax credits effectively versus incentivizing work, expanding coverage versus reducing costs, protecting the sickest and most expensive clients against letting them have the autonomy on their package rather than compelling them to have comprehensive coverage. Also, there is the case for minimizing cost-shifting to users and states versus limiting the national government’s cost liability. These factors underline important perspectives that policymakers twist to fit the best narrative for their citizens. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is one of the primary healthcare policies that have changed the course of healthcare provision and in the course changing the lives of many for the better.
- 577-d-10.Hormonal Contraceptives and Depression.Health, Medicine EssayDescription: Women who use hormonal contraceptives are greatly predisposed to developing depression. Younger women are highly vulnerable, which is why it is essential to prescribe these contraceptives following the medical guidelines (Anderl, Li, & Chen, 2019). ...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- 577-d-7. Pelvic Pain. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Pelvic pain is a health-related condition that affects women, especially on the lower part of their abdomen. Pelvic pain may result from ovulation, gastrointestinal problems, and cramps. According to Allaire et al., (2015), ...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- 577-d-8. CDC Breastfeeding Initiative. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Research has shown that breastfeeding is the best-recognized source of nutrition for infants. Support for breastfeeding needs reinforcement not only in hospitals but in different arenas. ...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |