PICOT Statement Paper: Quality Patient Care (Essay Sample)
A PICOT starts with a designated patient population in a particular clinical area and identifies clinical problems or issues that arise from clinical care. The intervention should be an independent, specified nursing change intervention. The intervention cannot require a provider prescription. Include a comparison to a patient population not currently receiving the intervention, and specify the timeframe needed to implement the change process.
Formulate a PICOT statement using the PICOT format provided in the assigned readings. The PICOT statement will provide a framework for your capstone project.
In a paper of 500-750 words, clearly identify the clinical problem and how it can result in a positive patient outcome.
Make sure to address the following on the PICOT statement:
1. Evidence-Based Solution
2. Nursing Intervention
3. Patient Care
4. Health Care Agency
5. Nursing Practice
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. 100%PLAGRISM
(MY TOPIC IS NURSING SHORTAGE IN MY LONG TERM HEALTH CARE FACILITY. SEE ATTACHED MY FIRST ASSIGNMENT)
PICOT STATEMENT PAPER
PICOT Statement Paper
PICOT statement: Adequate supply of registered nurses in a healthcare facility correlates to the higher quality of patient care compared to facilities with few nurses.
The rising cases of chronic diseases among the American population coupled with its rapid rise in the ageing population lead to an increase in demand for nursing care and other medical attention. Quality patient care for both the ageing population and patient diagnosed with chronic ailments requires an adequate supply of the nurses to facilitate the high quality of life that corresponds to the high life expectancy in the United States. Chronic conditions such as hypertension, high blood cholesterol, depression disorders, and diabetes among the American adults demands for an increase in nursing staff to educate and provide nursing care to the patients. Increase in the number of patients visiting healthcare facilities due to the Affordable Care Act further stretches the nursing occupation. Despite the growing need for nurses, there exists a crisis in the healthcare industry in the form of a nursing shortage that adversely affects the quality of patient care in the United States and around the world.
An adequate supply of registered nurses correlates to a higher quality of patient care in healthcare facilities in the United States and around the world. The nursing profession provides occupation for approximately 2.75 million employees in the United States healthcare industry, and with the vacancy rate at a steady 7.2 %, the number is expected to reach 3.2 million by the year 2024. However, the increasing vacancy rates fail to address the crisis of nursing shortages experienced in healthcare facilities around the country. The demand for patient care is also on the rise due to the increase in the number of patients with chronic ailments and the ageing population which requires more attention due to their vulnerability to the said ailments. The shortage of nurses in healthcare facilities adversely affects the quality of patient
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Introduction To The Humanities: SlaveryDescription: Slavery is a practice that began a long time ago in the post-colonial era where Africans and African Americans were used to provide forced labor to their white masters....5 pages/≈1375 words | 5 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Masters Prepared Nurse Interview: MSN-Nurse CareerDescription: The paper will examine and seek to gain insight into the interplay among education, career path and opportunities through the interview of a MSN-prepared nurse....3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- The Evaluation of Workforce Management ProgramDescription: It’s safe to say that Banner Health is a varied body of outstanding medical services, and has devoted itself to the welfare and betterment of the general public....4 pages/≈1100 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |