Principles for Safe Use of Pharmacologic and Herbal Substances (Essay Sample)
Choose an FDA-approved prescription medication and discuss the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the medication, including any differences that would be expected based on the patient's age, a condition of pregnancy, or lactation. Address any adverse effects the medication may have based on age, pregnancy, or lactation.
Ecoza Topical is a prescription drug from a company called Exeltis Suisse (U.S. Food and Drug Administration, 2017). It is used to treat patients that are suffering skin infections such as jock itch, athlete’s foot, ringworms among other fungal infections (U.S. Food and Drug Administration, 2017). It is also used to treat a skin condition known as pityriasis. This is a fungal infection that causes lightening or darkening of the skin around the neck, legs, arms and the chest.
The pharmacokinetics of the drug involve systemic absorption is at 1% following application (RxList, 2017). However, the pharmacodynamics of the drug have not been established at 1% (RxList, 2017).
With reference to the pediatric information available, appropriate studies that have been performed on the drug, there are no specific problems that would limit the usefulness of the drug on children that are twelve and above years (Drugs.com, ...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to teenage pregnancy:
- Community Programs for Aolescent in HUSD Nursing AssignmentDescription: What community programs exist for students with mental health issues, pregnancy issues, substance abuse, etc? Explain detail finding of these programs...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- 3-1 Journal Nursing Research Assignment: Key Findings Description: The findings of the investigation revealed that there was no preterm risk reduction for the overall taking of alcohol during pregnancy...1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- Viewing The Film: Almost Famous Reflect And RespondDescription: The influence of William's peers and the influence of his mother as well as Penny and/or his sister. How did he exhibit identity development?...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Education | Movie Review |