Briefly Describe the Procedure for Testing Hypotheses (Essay Sample)
A researcher conducts a test on the effectiveness of a cholesterol treatment on 114 total subjects. Assuming the tails of distributions are normal distribution, is there evidence that the treatment is effective?
No Cholesterol Decrease
1. Briefly describe the procedure for testing hypotheses.
2. Formulate the null and alternative hypotheses.
3. Determine the test statistic that you will use.
4. Calculate the p-value. Show your work.
5. Discuss whether there is enough evidence to reject the null hypothesis.
MODULE 5 CASE: Hypothesis Testing
Briefly describe the procedure for testing hypotheses
Hypothesis testing seeks to establish whether the prediction made on the relationship variables is correct (Lehmann & Romano, 2005). In testing hypotheses, one makes assumptions about the study population and then identifies the null hypotheses. The type of data then determines the test statistic to be used based on the sampling distribution and the level of significance. The test statistic is then calculated, with decisions made after interpreting the results. In determining whether the results are significant the p-value is calculated and depends on the test statistics used (Lehmann & Romano, 2005). The research hypothesis focuses on the relationship between two or more variables, and it is stated using the population parameters, with the sample statistics then used to estimate the population parameters. The null hypothesis states that no relationship exists between the variables or specified variables, and the alpha is set to determine whether to accept or reject the bull hypothesis. The test statistics selected will depend on the sampling distribution, while the results are interpreted to accept or disapprove the hypothesis.
Formulate the null a...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to animal testing:
- Project Documentation DiscusssionDescription: Project documentation defines how projects are managed, and it documents the importance of the project primarily for informational purposes....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Creative Writing | Essay |
- Usability Test DiscusssionDescription: Many projects in organizations are managed through writing. In order for the management of such projects to be successful, it is essential that writing involves higher level of creativity...3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | APA | Creative Writing | Essay |
- Emergency Preparedness Business and Information System Description: Many people in entrepreneurship world have taken business preparedness to be a preserve of some given businesses, for instance, those that are of higher magnitude such as having global operative systems...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Research Paper |