Safety Analysis Of Actual Environments Research Assignment (Essay Sample)
Choose from one of the following alternatives and prepare a paper that demonstrates that you have met the course learner outcome: compare standards of child-care/education quality, risk management, and child abuse prevention and apply them to safety analysis of actual environments used by children.
1. Observe two playgrounds in public parks, child-care, or school settings. Analyze safety according to at least 2 sets of accepted standards. Discuss the role of adult supervision in relation to playground safety.
2. Analyze an existing Emergency Management Plan or develop one. Recommend revisions and inclusions to protect children, staff, and program.
For the alternative you selected,prepare recommendations to decision-makers to improve the safety of children, staff, and program.
Safety analysis of actual environments
Compare standards of child-care/education quality, risk management, and child abuse prevention and apply them to safety analysis of actual environments used by children
Observe two playgrounds in public parks, child-care, or school settings. Analyze safety according to at least 2 sets of accepted standards. Discuss the role of adult supervision in relation to playground safety.
Efforts to address concerns of the protective surfacing are necessary to improve the safety and security of playground. Adults have a duty to maintain safety but parents/ guardians need to prove that there was neglect and the duty was not met in case of injuries. Following recommendations for protective surfacing in the playground often affects the risk of injuries, and this is especially when there are injuries. Even though, there are fall injuries are likely to occur regardless of the surfacing material. At the same time, the risk of injuries depends on equipment on the playground. Adopting playground safety guidelines in emergency management reduces playground-related injuries (Dunlap, 2012).
Another aspect is the arrangement of equipment since the characteristics of equipment being used affects the safety of the playground. Moving apparatus including swings and slides are the most common equipment likely to cause injuries when children are struck. Securing the climbers properly and the presence of...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
- Brave new world Essays
- Respect Essays
- Stem cell Essays
- Values Essays
- Gun violence Essays
- Divorce Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to child abuse:
- Research On Early Brain Development And School ReadinessDescription: Central nervous system, consisting of the brain and the spinal cord, is the division of the nervous system that processes information and directs behavior. ...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- Health Care Issues in the World: MDG 4, Reducing Child MortalityDescription: How will meeting this goal positively impact the health of the world? What suggestions would you make to help the UN achieve this goal?...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Two Educational Resourcesaimed At Preventing Child Abuse Description: Choose two educational resources aimed at preventing child abuse from Prevent Child Abuse - America , Prevent Child Abuse - New York or another credible source...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |