Technical and Cost or Price Evaluations and Price Reasonableness (Essay Sample)
Imagine that you are a government employee (or military personnel). You have received a proposal from a contractor for a two-billion-dollar ($2,000,000,000) project for the purchase of fifty (52) towers to be installed on the Arizona-Mexico border. Each tower will have radar, night vision, and day vision with 7.5- mile range. You have been appointed as the Chairman of the Source Selection Evaluation Team.
Write a five (5) page paper in which you:
1. Defend the purpose of technical evaluations in regard to:
a. the importance of integrity and fairness.
b. the factors used to determine the competitive range.
2. Create an outline of the final technical evaluation report
3. Determine the factors to consider when evaluating price reasonableness.
4. Examine different methods of price analysis. Determine which price analysis method would fit best in this scenario. Support your reasoning.
5. Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
6. Do NOT use websites for references, references must be book based.
7. Title and reference page do not count towards page count
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Technical and Cost or Price Evaluations and Price Reasonableness
It is prudent to conduct cost and price analysis and if the price is neither fair nor reasonable then the contracts do not comply with the contract requirements (Snider & Rendon, 2012). The cost/ price analysis is documented in writing and is useful in technical evaluation. Additionally, it is necessary to evaluate projects before making decisions whether to award contracts. In the scenario the $ 2 billion government contract will attract multiple bids where it is required that they will install 52 towers along the Arizona- Mexico border. The main features of the towers are that each will have radar, night vision, and day vision with 7.5- mile range. I will highlight the technical evaluations, outline the technical evaluation report, focus on price reasonableness and identify the price analysis techniques relevant to the scenario.
The purpose of technical evaluations
In technical evaluations, it is important to focus on integrity and fairness to ensure that there is no fraud in contracting (Murphy, 2009). Decisi...
- Assignment 3: Part C: Branding, Pricing, Distribution StrategyDescription: Describe the company's, marketing strategy, implementation strategy, expansion plan, social media strategy, monitoring methods, integrated marketing strategy...6 pages/≈1650 words | 5 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Business Intelligence 1: Avoid Faulty Data EnteringDescription: What specific steps can managers take in order to avoid faulty data entering the system in the first place?...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Video Case 3 BUS 641: McGraw Hill ConnectDescription: According to the judge, the plaintiff has been awarded all the damages because the contract is considered to have been void...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |