"Big Five" Personality Dimensions. Business & Marketing Essay (Essay Sample)
Your essay should have the following sections:
1.Introduction. State the topic of the essay, what you will be arguing, and how you have structured the essay.
2. Identify and discuss the "Big Five" personality dimensions. Engage with OB theory and literature to identify and discuss the Big Five personality dimensions. Use examples to clarify/support the discussion.
Use Organisational Behaviour concepts, theory and frameworks in addressing this section.
3. Utilise the theory of the “Big Five” personality dimensions and identify performance improvement areas. Based on the Big Five personality test(Click here to take the personality) test conducted in your workshops (Weeks 2 & 3)
identify two areas for self-improvement that may enhance your academic or work-related performance. Please use your personality assessment and Organisational Behaviour theories to logically explain and reach a conclusion.
4. Conclusion. Summarise key points made in the essay.
5. Reference list. You need to use the APA 6 referencing style.
Please include copies of the Big Five personality questionnaire and score with your Individual assignment. You can add an image of the same after your references list, please ensure the attachment is Legible and approved by your Workshop Facilitator.
As a general guide, sections 2 and 3 should be roughly equal in word count. The introduction and conclusion section should account for approximately 10% of the word count.
You MUST consult and reference a minimum of four (4) academic articles and two (2) books (of which one can be the recommend textbook, Wood et al, 2019) to support your analysis. We encourage number of required references. The minimum number equates to an acceptable level on the marking guide.
Recommended Readings : Which Personality Traits Are Most Important to Employers? : Entrepreneurs and “The Big Five”
We recommend you consider the following publications to identify relevant articles: Journal of Organizational Behaviour, Organizational Behaviour and Human Decision Processes, Journal of Applied Psychology, Academy of Management, Human Relations, Journal of Management, Leadership Quarterly, Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review.
Length: The total length of the assignment is a maximum of 1,000 words (+/- 10%) (Reference list and title page are excluded from the word count)
Weighting: Due date: Submission:
20% of your total mark.
29th November2020 in Week 6 by 11:55pm
Submit via the Moodle . Hard copies are NOT required
Format: The document should be written as clear, concise essay. It is important that your essay has a logical flow and good structure, makes use of relevant subheadings where appropriate, and that you write using coherent, integrated text, avoiding grammatical and spelling mistakes. For reading (and marking) ease please use a 12-point Calibri font with 1.5x spacing.
Big Five Personality Dimensions
Big Five Personality Dimensions
Several pieces of research have suggested that behaviors and interaction styles influence successful teams and organizations around the globe among the team members. The suggestion, therefore, implies that individuals’ productivity in workplaces is determined by how they behave and interact with colleagues within the working environment. Also, studies have indicated that their personalities primarily influence people’s behaviors in different environments. Among the several characters that shape individuals’ behavior, openness to new experience, extroversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness, and neuroticism have been identified by several scholars as the significant factors for personalities. This paper shall, therefore, discuss how the five primary elements, also known as the “Big Five” traits, shape organizational behaviors within a team.
Discussion Big Five Personality Dimensions
Organizational behavior (OB) theory, which is the study of how humans behave within an organization, is aimed at increasing the productivity of the organization (Greenberg, 2003).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- "Blue ocean strategy" book report. Business & Marketing EssayDescription: W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne are the authors of the book Blue Ocean Strategy. Both writers elucidate how companies can succeed and control the market by eliminating wrangles related to competition and supremacy in the text....4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Racial and Ethnic Tension in Malaysia. Business & Marketing EssayDescription: Malaysia is one of the countries that has not approved the (ICERD) International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination. ...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- icon Discussion 14: Mobil Marketing & Social MediaDescription: Mobile marketing allows the business to follow the trend of the widespread use of mobile devices. It appeals to mobile device users, where the consumers can customize their orders by making these personalized, location-,, and time-sensitive....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |