Sociology Assignment: Behavior And Self Presentation (Coursework Sample)
If possible use this book: Chambliss, W. J., Eglitis, D. S. (03/2015). CUSTOM: APUS: Discover Sociology 2E Custom
Choose one of the following questions:
1. Do people adjust their behavior and presentation of the self to affect the opinion of others? Would you say that we have different “social selves” that we present in different settings? How does this relate to the concepts of front and back stage as well as the techniques of social actors discussed by Goffman?
2. Do you think the mass media significantly contributes to the socialization process? When answering this question be sure to identify and describe the major agents of socialization in U.S. society today. Does the media have more influence over socialization than the other agents of social control? Why or why not?
3. Select a topic of contemporary relevance that is of interest to you (for example, poverty, juvenile delinquency, teen births, or racial neighborhood segregation). Briefly describe why you selected the topic. Using what you learned in this chapter, create a simple research question about the topic. Match your research question to an appropriate research method and describe how as a sociologist you would conduct the research to answer your proposed question.
1 Do people adjust their behavior and presentation of the self to affect the opinion of others? Would you say that we have different “social selves” that we present in different settings? How does this relate to the concepts of front and back stage as well as the techniques of social actors discussed by Goffman?
There are a number of laid down rules and norms concerning how an individual is supposed to conduct himself or herself within a given context in the society. While this can be taken to be a matter of circumstance, it definitely plays a huge role in the general conduct of people. To a great extent, the way most people behave is usually determined and therefore, altered by what is in their surrounding at any instantaneous moment. So often, people would take up strange or new personalities that they didn’t display initially, for the purposes...
- Qualitative Research: Explain How the Researchers Implemented the DesignDescription: Use Questions and Hypotheses Checklist as a guide, Identify the type of qualitative research approach used, explain how the researchers implemented the design...2 pages/≈550 words| 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Coursework |
- Evaluating a Research ArticleDescription: The central question addressed by the article is the extent to which young Black men have been associated with threat in regards to the way they capture the attention....2 pages/≈550 words| No Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Coursework |
- Coursework: Ethics in eating meat Description: Ethics in eating meat. Is it morally permissible to eat meat? Social Sciences Coursework...6 pages/≈1650 words| 1 Source | APA | Social Sciences | Coursework |