Week Discussion: Organized crime in Africa and Europe (Coursework Sample)
Please answer the questions below. Don't write them in a essay form
1. "Transnational Organized Crime" Please respond to the following: (2 sources)
Compare and contrast the prevalence of organized crime in two (2) of the following global regions: North America, Africa, Europe, Latin America, and Asia. Determine each global region’s response to organized crime, and examine the correlation between this response and the prevalence of organized crime in the region.
Speculate on at least two (2) reasons why society’s concern about Cybercrime has lagged behind other types of organized crime despite society’s current reliance on computers and technology. Justify your response.
2. "Juvenile Justice" Please respond to the following: (1 or 2 source)
Many model countries, including the United States, allow juveniles of a certain age to be tried as adults. Examine at least two (2) ethical issues with this trend. Specify the extent to which you believe a juvenile can be rehabilitated after he or she has been convicted as an adult. Provide a rationale for your response.
From the e-Activity, take a position that you agree or disagree with the Supreme Court’s decision to ban mandatory life sentences without parole for juvenile offenders of convicted murder. Justify your response. See e-Activity below.
Africa and Europe are the two major regions in the world where organized crime is more persistent (Bowser, Henry, Wasserman, Knight, Gardner, Krupka, & Robertson, 2018). Organized crime in the African countries entails a highly interchangeable connection of people who are in government offices and businesses but involve themselves in corrupt activities. There are also activities like mineral trafficking and many other activities of contraband like illegal trade and buying of gold, trafficking of illegal; drugs like cannabis, illegal timber and killing and selling of elephant ivory. Europe too has a history smuggling goods and performing underground businesses. In addition to all these activities, usage of the same currency, improved communication, and ease to travel around the world has contributed to high rates of organized crimes (W
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to human trafficking:
- Assignment 1: Research Paper Drug TraffickingDescription: The current study seeks to undertake a critical analysis of drug trafficking as a transnational crime that affects the political, economic and social relations established between the United States and Mexico....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Law | Essay |
- Childhood In A Global Perspective, The Focus Country Is TogoDescription: This course is called childhood in a global pespective, and this paper is focus on a majoarity country(developing country)-Togo. I was assigned the country Togo in the majority world and investigate the ideas and expectations regarding childhood in that country....7 pages/≈1925 words | 5 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- Assignment 2: How The Hydrologic Cycle Is Altered By Human ActivityDescription: Human activities, such as irrigation have a negative impact on the water cycle. With the rise in human population, the demands on the land have also increased. Irrigation removes water from its natural source, and this leads to run-off and leaching, where it is utilized...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | MLA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Essay |