Review Summarize Nursing Care Models Worksheet (Coursework Sample)
1. Identify the model of nursing that you observed,who was doing what, when, and how and what led you to identify the particular model.
2. Review/summarize one scholarly resource related to the nursing care model you observed in the practice setting
3. Review/summarize one scholarly resource related to a (different) nursing care model that you observed in the practice setting.
4. Discuss a (different) nursing care model from step #3 of the directions and how it could be implemented to improve quality of nursing care, safety and staff satisfaction. Be specific.
5. Summarize the assignment and what you learned about the two nursing care models discussed.
Nursing Models Used in HealthcareNameInstitutional AffiliationDate
Nursing models play a great role in promoting nursing care services in the health facilities. The unit used in the research was a Transitional Care Unit containing around 18 beds and the population was made up of the medical and surgical patients. Patients had a wide number of complications including respiratory challenges, trauma, kidney transplants and people with acute alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Before the implementation of the team nursing model at the facility the ratio of the nurses to patients was 3:1 and it remained the same even after the team nursing model was put in place. To identify the model, I had first to take my time and observe the ways in which the healthcare providers work to provide the needed medical care to patients. The nurses worked in a team and they were able to utilize skills of each of the nurses in the team to deliver quality healthcare.
The article about the above nursing care model was called Lessons from Team Nursing published in the Journal of Pediatric Health Care in 2017. The article written by Swartz highlights the various benefits associated with the team nursing model and the way in which it has improved nursing care d
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Intervention and Reflection: Basic Issues in Medical EthicsDescription: The doctor should tell the patient the truth about their state. It is important that the patient knows their medical status, irrespective of how bad it may be...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Evidence Based Practice Change: Leadership And Collaboration StrategiesDescription: Proposes leadership and collaboration strategies for use with consumers and other healthcare providers in managing care and/or delegating responsibilities for health promotion, illness prevention, health restoration and maintenance, and rehabilitative activities. (PO#2)...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Health Care Delivery and Clinical SystemsDescription: Students are required to maintain weekly reflective narratives throughout the course to combine into one course-long reflective journal that integrates leadership...2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |