Evaluating Organizational Change Health, Medicine, Nursing Coursework (Coursework Sample)
This Assignment provides an overview of how to evaluate evidence-based practice quality improvement in a practice change.
1. Introduce an overview of a healthcare system practice guideline, preferably Postpartum or Medical surgical unit.
2. Discuss how different professionals in the healthcare system (nurses, pharmacists, technicians, etc.) are held to this guideline.
3. Identify the research/reference used by the system to adopt the guideline.
4. Define the evidence used to define the guideline.
5. Determine the level of evidence used in the EBP identified.
6. Provide an opinion on how well this guideline is followed by professionals in the system.
Conclude with a concise overview of the guideline and the discussion in the paper
Evaluating Organizational Change
Evaluating Organizational Change
Overview of Postpartum Conditions
Clinical practice guidelines for patients with various medical conditions have been formulated after conduction of research for different diseases (NCCIH, 2018). Practice guidelines consist of recommendations developed for healthcare professionals concerning the provision of care to patients with specific ailments. The guidelines should be based on the best available practical experience and research evidence. Clinical practice guidelines are defined as statements containing recommendations, aimed at optimizing the care of the patient, and are guided by evidence-based research and evaluation of the benefits and limitations of alternative health care options (NCCIH, 2018). Clinical guidelines for postpartum play a significant role in care for women and infants. Although a considerable number of women and infants do not experience unusual hardships after pregnancy, some undergo an important course during the postpartum time and may experience health issues, which can persist for a long time, affecting their physical, social, and mental lives. For instance, some women report cases of headaches, back pain, tiredness, cesarean and perineal pain as well as hemorrhage after pregnancy. Others experience complications such as sore nipples, urinary tract diseases, and breast engorgement. In some few cases, women undergo depression, which is usually associated with social and physical problems. It has been proven that infants of women suffering from postpartum depression are more likely to experience some problems such as delayed language development than those from parent free of this condition. Therefore, postpartum problems and complications can affect both the mother and the baby. Effective postpartum management plays a key role in preventing both short and long-term repercussions of undetected and ineffectively managed problems (World Health Organization, 2017). Evidence-based research has a potential to increase consistency of healthcare, impact on policy and improve the care of the patients.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to teenage pregnancy:
- Healthcare Sciences Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Benign cysts are the sac-like structures that contain air, fluids or another substance. It can appear and grow in any part of the body, inside or outside it. Most often, the benign cyst is found in the reproductive tract of women. The disease can occur in ladies of all age groups and may arise...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Martin Family. Identifying the Problem Situation. Description: The Martin’s family is an example of the cross-cultural integration through marriage headed by Marshall, a Caucasian male, and his Hispanic wife, Cynthia. ...6 pages/≈1650 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Birth Control. The Government Should Pay For Birth ControlDescription: The government should pay for birth control in the same way it funds the prevention of HIV-AIDs and other medical conditions. According to a study done by the association of gynecologists in Canada, approximately 61% of women get unintended or unplanned pregnancy....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |