Confounding Factors. Coursework Questions. Health, Medicine Coursework (Coursework Sample)
course work not essay
lecture attached for reference
1, Do you believe the US malpractice system achieves its 3 intended goals? Would you change anything with the system? Why or why not?
2, What are your thoughts in terms of how we could better prepare for the "ticking time bomb" of future increased demand for nursing home care?
3, The cost of dying in the last month of life contributes to our relatively high cost system with ambiguous findings in terms of improved QALYs. Do you believe this should be more formally addressed in terms of policy? Why or why not?
4, Is it important to characterize social problems such as alcoholism and drug abuse as diseases rather than behavior disorders? What about obesity? What are the implications on the medical system on the proliferation of these new "diseases"?source..
1. Do you believe the US malpractice system achieves its 3 intended goals? Would you change anything with the system? Why or why not?
After going through the lecture notes, I think that our liability system is slow and costly to administer, considering the process and time it takes to identify and compensate the real victims. According to the lecture notes, the system takes 0.03% of health care costs. However, the litigation process ends up compensating wrong people instead of paying directly to the victim. If I were to change anything in this system, I think I would set a specific time limit for the litigation process and reduce the attorney’s fees. I would also create a policy that makes the judge to decide directly on the compensation instead of jury. This would make the process fast, efficient, and cost-effectively.
2. What are your thoughts in terms of how we could better prepare for the "ticking time bomb" of future increased demand for nursing home care?
I think that we should be preparing by educating the public on the need to save for their long-term care in future. This could help them prepare adequately. Additionally, I do not think that everyone should be
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Nursing Informatics: Nurse As A Knowledge WorkerDescription: This is a new development in the field of nursing,which works to intergrate the nursing aspect with management as well as other analytical sciences in an effort to accurately synthesize data and come up with better results....7 pages/≈1925 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- An African American Child Suffering From DepressionDescription: Caution is exercised when diagnosing depression in children and adolescents and based on the Children's Depression Rating Scale, and obtained a score of 30, indicating significant depression....3 pages/≈825 words | 6 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Ethics of Paying for Organs and Tissues: Ethical Theory and PrinciplesDescription: The paper will address the importance of a current and controversial bioethical issue to healthcare and the current or emerging dynamics of this ethical issue on the healthcare environment. ...13 pages/≈3575 words | 20 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |